I've had my bb for about six months. I'm now trying to take advantage of all its capabilities. I've taken a few picture about 5 and when I try to take more it says I'm out of memory. Can this be possible?

Additionally, I'm trying to download music and I can't even download one song because I out of memory. The only things I've downloaded are pacman, tetris, Opera Mini (which I don't really know how to use).

Is there a way to get additional memory? (i.e. memory card)

Is it possibly the way I download, Using the Application Loader instead of Media Manager? Any help is appreciated.
    07-24-08 09:59 AM
    Yes, definitely get a memory card and put all media - songs, pics, videos - on it rather than the device memory.
    07-24-08 10:01 AM
    Do you have a media card? Also, check the "How-To" forum and look for Stoners How-To increase BB's memory free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

BlackBerrys use two different types of memory. Much like a desktop computer, some is used internally and some is use for long term storage.

Your pictures are being saved in your device memory. The problem is, that is a very limited resource and letting it get low will result in a number of further complications.

I strongly advice installing a SDmicro Media card.

Use Media / Explore to move your pictures to the media card.

Set Camera / Options to save to the media card.

Set Media / Options / Reserved Pictures Memory to 0.

Set Device Memory Limit to 12 Mb or less on newer OS versions.

After restarting with a battery pull, you have a comfortable amount of Options / Status / Free Memory.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    Last edited by Stoner; 07-24-08 at 10:12 AM.
    Stoner's Memory Management Procedure is the first link in my sig.
    07-24-08 10:02 AM
    Thanks for your help. I'm going to get a memory card right now!
    07-24-08 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD