Okay, I bought a used Curve Phone (8310 from AT&T) for the Red color and GPS which is not offered on T-Mobiles version of the curve (8320). The phone arrived, I used CB notes to get it unlocked put in my T-Mobile Sim Card and so far so good as I can make and receive calls!! Yeah.

I also see how to add activate/allow different themes by altering the blackberry.alx file once I download the correct and newest OS. (Sugegstions welcome here). __________________________________ a link even better!

My main question relates to how do I get rid of AT&T services on the phone and make sure I am getting/showing all T-Mobile services available instead. (I am not worried about AT&T showing on startup!!!!).

1) can this be done?

2) If so how, my guess is that since they are the same series perhaps I can
    simply delete the OS on the 8310 (AT&T) phone and replace with the OS for a 8320 (T-Mobile) version of the Curve?

3) If this is not the fix is there one or I am simply not going to be able to acccess and use all the T-Mobile services I normally could had I bought a 8320 T-Mobile Curve?

4) last question is .... even though a T-Mobile Curve does not have GPS will I be able to use it within T-MObile if it is installed on my phone?

Thanks so much for any insight anyone can offer!

lzk7
    04-22-08 01:01 PM
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html

1: Once you remove the ATT stuff, like media mall and the shop tones and stuff, they wont come back

2: No, 8310 can only use the 8310 OS.

3: What services are you looking for? Handango and the like, no you wont be able to use. The T-Zones browser has a pic the same as the BB Browser, the pic is coded in the device.

4: Yes, you will be fine to use the GPS through T-Mobile.

Do you have the Blackberry Data Plan?

If so, sign into your BIS and change your PIN/IMEI, and that will get the service books down to your phone.
    Last edited by cjcarbone; 04-22-08 at 03:16 PM.
    04-22-08 01:11 PM
    test is this thread woring alright?
    04-22-08 02:41 PM
    I have a 8310 on T-mobile. Everything works perfect even the GPS. You can't load the T-mobile OS though, you need a 8310 specific OS and then you can modify it for the t-mobile goodies
    04-22-08 02:53 PM
    test is this thread woring alright?

No need to bump your thread, people will respond, kinda like i did. I asked a few questions, can you please answer them so i can help further?
    04-22-08 03:15 PM
    Thanks for all your help, you guys and this site are awesome!

I will be using my 8310 with a Blackberry Enterprise server for my work, they do disable some functions (personal email, added ringtones, wi-fi) from being used for their own security reasons.

I am not really sure as to how what services I am looking to have from T-Mobile.

Mostly I just want to make sure I do/did whatever is necessary so that T-mobile and my enterprise server are not "screwed up or confused" to the point that I have complications from trying to use a 8310 with at&t brains/software instead of a T-Mobile issued 8320. As long as I can sync emails, tasks, calendar, address book and use the T-Mobile functions I could with a T-Mobile issued 8320 (plus GPS) I will be happy.

With this being said I am still a bit confused at to just where I should go to do things like upgrading software, downloading ringtones, new features they offer etc.

Do I always stay phone model specific (8310 not 8320) or provider specific (T-Mobile or AT&T) to do those type of things above?

I am guessing that becasue I have a 8310 from AT&T and not a 8320 issued from T-Mobile I will never be able to log into T-Mobile under my mobile number for things above? I also will never be able to do so at AT&T because although they offer software (8310) for my new phone I do not have a mobile acount there? Basically I am assuming I will have to find this stuff on my own at my own expense or on sites like Crackberry or Blackberry?

Thanks,

Denton (lzk7)
    Last edited by lzk7; 04-22-08 at 05:27 PM.
    04-22-08 05:19 PM
    It seems like every place I am looking is described as desktop software but not the actual OS or is it all in the same?

For my 8310 what is the latest version you reccomend? Do you have a link perhaps you could provide?

It seems as though many say 4.5 beta is working, your thoughts?

Thanks,

Denton (lzk7)
    Last edited by lzk7; 04-22-08 at 05:24 PM.
    04-22-08 05:22 PM
    I would suggest that you load the newest official release for the 8310.

You will be able to log in to TMobileusing your phone number, as it IS a TMobile number, its not phone specific.

You have to stay phone specific as to the OS, 8310 only, albeit ANY 8310 OS will be fine.

Check this thread for the newest 8310 OS: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...2-194-a-24857/

Read the whole first post, as there is the instructions on how to load the OS to your phone.

You can load ANY OS that was designed for the 8310, regardless of the carrier it was designed for.

As for ringtones, if you scroll all the way to the top of this page, there is a link directly to the Crackberry store FREE ringtones section. Also, you can make your own, theres a thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/made...ingtone-21296/
    scroll down a few and it explains how, its really simple!
    Last edited by cjcarbone; 04-22-08 at 05:46 PM.
    04-22-08 05:38 PM
    Hey. Jus change gprs settings to wap.voicestream.com
    05-07-08 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD