Ok. I've done lots of searching and still haven't come up with the solution, so I thought I would post it here. I have installed a 2gb card that I previously had in a different device. Right when I installed it, the BB media player found the songs and would play without a hitch. Since I didn't want the songs that were on there anyway, I decided to format the card so that it would have the proper BB folder structure. Format went just fine and it shows my available space and all that fine.

Now comes the problem. Whenever I hook up the phone to my pc and launch DM, it shows my internal device memory and the microSD memory. But when I click on the card link, it says "please insert media card". I have confirmed that the media card is activated in the menu and that it is set for mass storage mode when connected. The phone is seeing it just fine, but DM is not.

What could be causing this problem? Any halp in resolving this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 01:57 PM
    Anyone have any ideas?

10-21-09 08:20 AM
    Do you have "Mass Storage Mode" enabled on your device?
    10-21-09 08:31 AM
    Yes.

10-21-09 10:22 AM
    Format the card in your computer then format it again in your phone.

10-21-09 10:28 AM
    If mass storage mode's enabled it's going to show up in My Computer as a removable drive. Drag and drop files... tada!
    10-21-09 11:34 AM
    Tried bringing it up in my computer already. No dice (or tada). Shows up in there as a removable drive, but when clicked it says to insert a disk. Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

10-21-09 02:23 PM
    Try formatting the card again.
    10-21-09 02:28 PM
    Nuthin. Very strange. I know the card works as it played the songs that were previously on there. I could always use a card reader or adapter to put the data on the card, but I really don't want to have to pull the card out all the time. Not to mention, I would like to be able to save stuff to it OTA.

10-21-09 03:45 PM
    How old is the BB, it may be defective.
    10-21-09 03:55 PM
    Less than a week old!

10-21-09 09:10 PM
    Ok. So I decided to try to download some ring tones today. What do ya know? They saved right to the memory card without a problem. However, DM stil says that there isn't a card inserted. This leads me to believe that the problem may be with DM and not the card/phone. Ideas? Opinions?

10-22-09 12:35 PM
    Uninstall-reinstall the DM

10-22-09 12:39 PM
    What version of DM are you using? Are you using DM 5.0, if not, you might want to upgrade.
    10-22-09 12:47 PM
    Remove the media card and wipe the card as well as the slot and remove any dust. I had the same issue and cleaning it seemed to fix it.
    10-22-09 06:24 PM
    No luck. Uninstalled DM 4.5, rebooted, installed DM 5, rebooted. Still receiving same error. It has to be something in DM since the phone recognizes the card and accesses it fine. Should I take this to the desktop board?

10-23-09 10:35 AM
    Got it sorted. Ended up formatting the card on the computer and ensuring that it was in fat32 format. Then reinstalled it into the phone and formatted it there. All is working well now.

10-23-09 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD