I am totaly ok right now with running over the laptop AND the phone. Im so frustrated!

It all started with a stupid Shortcovers app. Then It said my IT policy wouldnt allow it. Then I deleted the app and got YouMail which gave me the same error message about the app trying to open inside and outside.. blah blah blah.. Then that error message would not go away. Hours later and with a lot of help I was able to wipe the stupid thing. I had DM 4.7 and it kept closing on me mere seconds after opening. I could not get an OS loaded for my phone. SO I dl 4.6 which didnt make it to my computer somehow. 4.5 and variations of each version. None of which were located on my laptop.

So I decided to "save" rather than run 4.6 and finally got it loaded on my desktop. Imagine the sigh of relief that rang through my house. IT was followed by swearing because when I plugged my phone into the laptop and did apploader it said no software was able to be found for my phone. And it CLOSED OUT!

I dont have a house phone or any other form of phone besides this. I REALLY need my phone. I also have my alarm clock(only correct time in the house). So even if I slept in because my alarm didnt go off I CANT CALL IN THE EXCUSE! Ive been up all night.. periodically falling asleep while DM loads yet again! But all I want is a functioning phone so I can sleep!

PLEASE HELP ME!
    06-05-09 11:04 AM
    Are you runing yor device though a BES?
    06-05-09 11:07 AM
    IDK WTH that is.

And I dont know why my title changed because thats not my problem. I have it finally Loaded. DM just wont stay open long enough for me to work it and it says that no software can be found.. but its THERE on my laptop
    Last edited by mmartinez1987; 06-05-09 at 11:16 AM.
    06-05-09 11:13 AM
    After you d'load the OS file, you need to double-click it to install files to your PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 12:55 PM
    BES = Blackberry Enterprise Server. I think you are on BIS though, with a personal email account, right?
    06-05-09 02:19 PM
    First make sure you did what Xliderider suggests. Also if you are installing an OS from a different carrier you need to delete the vendor.xml file. its located at C:/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader all the way at the bottom. After you have both the OS installed and deleted the vendor xml file you may have to disconnect from the internet while doing the upgrade.
    06-05-09 02:22 PM
    I was too frustrated to deal with it myself. So I had to meet up with my mom (because I needed to be at work) and she took it to the Sprint store and had them reinstall back to factory. They told her that they have "no idea how [her] daughter did this and she will probably be upset when she finds out she lost everything." So mom called me at work all upset and I was like MOM I wanted it all gone! They said the service was covered under some plan that I have and if I didnt have it, it would have cist $119 to fix the software problem. I was thinking "What a gimick! To charge THAT MUCH for something we can fix at home." But mom said it took the tech over an hour to fix reinstall everything..

I still dont understand what BES and BIS is.. Is it like when you buy the phone it comes with a cd(BES) and if you dl the software online (BIS) or am I way off?

I would like to thank you guys for your help anyways.. Even though I did give up!

Now my only problem is getting all my apps and themes back! They didnt save as part of the back up. Thank GOD I backed up my phone before all that drama!
    06-06-09 04:34 AM
    are u using windows 7 lol
    06-06-09 04:41 AM
    Windows 7? Im using vista if that counts for anything.
    06-06-09 11:35 AM
    You should do a selective restore, since you had a problem with a software conflict before you did a wipe the other day.

Connect your BB to the PC. Open DM, open Backup/Restore. Click on Advanced. A window will open up, click on File in the upper left of the window and navigate to the location of your backup file. Click Open. The left side of the window will populate with the databases in the backup that can be restored to your BB. Click on a database like Address Book, then click on the button in the middle with the >> on it. The database will be restored to your BB. Click on messages, click on the >> button. etc.

Limit the number of databases you restore to your BB so you don't end up with the same conflict that was causing your original problem with your BB.

If you really want to be safe, just restore the address book and messages and calendar. If you didn't get a chance to do a third party backup, then unfortunately you will have to download all your themes and appplications again.

Good luck.
    06-06-09 01:35 PM
    Well I just went online and download the ones I remember using and then too a nap. I didnt reads this by then. I dont think I did a third party back up anyways because I did go to that advanced thing and didnt see any of my applications. i do know I have to do a third party back up now.

I am having one problem though. Blackberry Messenger wasnt on my phone and I went to Blackberry.com from my phone and it says I dont have the software requirements for it. They told me it was back to factory settings and when I bought the phone it was on there.. So I assume that was from "factory." Where else can I find BBM to get on my phone. I LOVED this when I had it.

The Online message says I need Blackberry Device Software v3.6 or higher and Java to do it OTA I need v3.7.x. It also says that the version it only supported by 4.0 and 4.1. anything higher it says I should already have it either here or on DM. I cannot find it on my DM.

Im currently running:
    v4.5.0.131(Platform 3.4.0.25)
    Crytographic Kernel v3.8.5.32a
    It also say "This device is Java tested and compatible Java virtual machine software from Sun Microsystems, Inc."
    Last edited by mmartinez1987; 06-06-09 at 07:00 PM.
    06-06-09 06:44 PM
    If you still have the OS installed on your pc all you should have to do is start DM then applications loader. A list of apps for your device should come up. Make sure there is a check in the box for BBM. Follow the prompts to completion and it will install it for you.
    06-06-09 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD