I keep getting a error when trying to do a back up. But I wasnt sure if it is because my 8330 is not currently activated or becuase 4.7 wasnt compatable
    03-31-09 02:34 PM
    Yes it is but many curve owners have big issues with it.

Your best bet is DM 4.6 which is more stable IMO. Many users who have tried 4.7 (which is more for the storm) complain of many odd issues so reverting to the lower which is 4.6 clears it up. I had freezes, crashes or at times it would just stop recognizing my phone. When I went to 4.6 I have never had an issue since. Make sure you uninstall the current one if you decide to use 4.6
    03-31-09 02:37 PM
    It works but there's alot of issues if you're not running 4.7 I recommend using DM 4.6 without media manager, you should have no problems after that...
    03-31-09 02:37 PM
    It shouldn't matter for backups, but I always recommend DM 4.6 for use with the Curve, especially for OS upgrades and loading operations.

Remove DM 4.7 with Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs. Download and install DM 4.6

What does the error message say?
    03-31-09 02:38 PM
    thanks all. I am doing it now
    03-31-09 02:41 PM
    It shouldn't matter for backups, but I always recommend DM 4.6 for use with the Curve, especially for OS upgrades and loading operations.

Remove DM 4.7 with Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs. Download and install DM 4.6

What does the error message say?
    OK, give me a piece of advice about both. I have a Storm (9530) that is my personal phone, and I have 4.7 loaded on my personal laptop.

I have recently started a job and have been issued Curve (8330). I personally don't give a rip what they do with the software at work. It's their equipment and if I want the job I'm happy to follow their rules. They handle it, and I'm happy to let them.

But sometimes I'm at my Dad's place and on call, so I have to carry both phones with me. PITA, but not the worst thing in life.

Now, if I need to do anything there, can I figure out a way to load both, and direct the appropriate desktop manager to the appropriate phone?

So far. I haven't. Anyone got any clues?

Thanks,
    Michael
    04-11-09 08:57 PM
    The DM 4.7 problems that I'm familiar with have to do with OS upgrades. You aren't likely to do that to your work phone, given what you said about letting them handle it. So if you need to connect your 8330 to DM 4.7, you probably can without problem. Try it and see. I don't think you will hurt your 8330.
    04-11-09 10:18 PM
    I've been using DM 4.7 with my 8330 Curve since I got the phone a month ago with NO issues at all. Works perfect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 10:25 PM
    It's all subjective. Some say it's terrible. Some say it rocks. Personally, I am using 4.7 build 50 and it's flawless. I only upgraded because of a really weird issue that prevented the App loader from starting up. The App loader kept saying that the Device Manager needed to be running when the Device Manager was clearly running in the system tray. My advice: use the version that runs best for you (yes, I even mean 4.2 SP2 and 4.5).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD