Hey, yesterday i saw the article on CB about the new DM 4.5, Cool, so i downloaded it to my Laptop, installation seemed normal. however, after i restarted my laptop and tried to fire it up, the first thing i noticed was that there was no desktop icon and no DM interface. i see the icon down in the task tray, but when i double click it, nothing happens, when i right click it, the properties box comes up. so my next step was to unistall it and re-install my 4.3 DM, but now i get the same thing out of that. no interface, just the icon in the task tray. i dont even get the properties box. has anyone had any problems with this DM 4.5 installation

btw, i'm with T-mo

thanks
    06-23-08 11:37 AM
    theres many threads with this question too, but your supposed to dl the bundle version of 4.5 thats y they say ur not gettin the desktop icon, im having issues during install as well, mines just stops in the middle of the install. but people have been successful once they dl the bundle version.
    06-23-08 11:39 AM
    hey thanks very much for the reply! do you know where the bundle version can be found? i downloaded DM 4.5 straight from Rim
    06-23-08 01:05 PM
    Pay closer attention and read the page on the blackberry web site when you are downloading packages. There are a variety of packages offered on the BB web site. If you read what you are clicking on, you can download the right thing. Sounds like you downloaded device manager and not desktop manager. Go back to the BB site and download desktop manager.

Look for "Blackberry Desktop Software 4.5.0 bundle 16 English - With media manager"
    Last edited by sunkast; 06-23-08 at 01:46 PM.
    06-23-08 01:16 PM
    ^^ Sounds about right

I made sure I got the Desktop Manager with Media Manager. All is well

Just go to RIM and get the right file and install
    06-23-08 01:18 PM
    I cannot find the download with the bundle!! Where did you find it??

Please help!

I followed the posted link, chose Desktop manager software 4.5 from the drop down menu, and searched through all of the selections, including doing a search on the whole BB web site and I still do not see "bundle" anything.

If anyone has a link they can provide that would be awesome. I do not need the media manager, looking for english, but even multi language would work.

Your help is appreciated as I have already downloaded the incorrect one once.

(P.S. a newbie with no current DM installed)

??
    06-25-08 03:07 AM
    Install Desktop Manager v4.5 from https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22. Install this filename: Desktop Software v4.3 b25 without Media Manager (English).exe.

sunkast says to use the version with Media Manager and I say not to. What to do? It's a matter of personal chice. Personally I do not like the Roxio offfering but it is offered as part of a package by RIM so ya takes your choice.
    06-25-08 03:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD