So, I've been ghosting these forums for a while, I can usually find what i need my searching but I finally came up with something I actually have to interact for. lol

I had this idea right? I want to convert my 8320's current display into a touch screen. So I need a touch screen that is the same size as the current screen, does anybody know where to get a screen that small?

For that matter does anybody know the software I'd need to make it work?

I want it to select programs (click on the icons), maybe have a dail pad pop up and just display the current display the rest of the time.
    04-07-09 10:46 PM
    good luck.. i have no idea. doesnt even sound remotely doable.
    04-07-09 10:50 PM
    The motherboard in the blackberry wouldnt support that.. Nor the operating system for the 8320
    04-07-09 10:54 PM
    why? if the OS just recognizes it as key strokes and the screen's visuals themselves are an app?
    04-07-09 10:55 PM
    well for one.. the motherboard of an 8320 doesnt have touch sensors in it. so touching the screen isnt going to do anythng. The phone doesnt have the technology to be a touchscreen, replacing the screen will be pointless.
    04-07-09 10:58 PM
    There would have to be a dedicated section of the the Curve's mainboard to interpret the screen "clicks". Software would control what action would result from a screen click but there would still have to be something on the mainboard to know that the screen was clicked to begin with.

Let's say you found a touchscreen component that is the same size as the curve's screen that has it's own board embedded with what was needed to interpret clicks , the operating system of the curve wasn't programmed to know what to do with a touch screen so you would either have to program your own operating system or try to find one......which would mean it is no longer a Curve
    04-07-09 11:05 PM
    Sounds like the result wouldn't justify the effort involved.!.!?!.?! Good luck though!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 11:12 PM
    There would have to be a dedicated section of the the Curve's mainboard to interpret the screen "clicks". Software would control what action would result from a screen click but there would still have to be something on the mainboard to know that the screen was clicked to begin with.

Let's say you found a touchscreen component that is the same size as the curve's screen that has it's own board embedded with what was needed to interpret clicks , the operating system of the curve wasn't programmed to know what to do with a touch screen so you would either have to program your own operating system or try to find one......which would mean it is no longer a Curve
    ah, well thank you very much anyway.
    04-07-09 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD