As silly a question as this may sound I am looking for a way to password protect or restrict acess to my web browser ONLY. I do not want the ability to have/ give others that access. I use my BB exclusively for e-mails and do not want to use the browser feature. Any advice on where to look for such third party software would be helpful as it appears that it can not be done on the device itself (without messing with the "books" on the system), would be appreciated.

mjmohr
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to mjmohr
    Send email to mjmohr
    Find all posts by mjmohr
    Add mjmohr to Your Buddy List
    08-10-08 09:32 PM
    Hmm I know that you can disable data but I think that it would also make it so that you can't get emails. Just curious why do you want to disable the browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 10:08 PM
    As silly a question as this may sound I am looking for a way to password protect or restrict acess to my web browser ONLY. I do not want the ability to have/ give others that access. I use my BB exclusively for e-mails and do not want to use the browser feature. Any advice on where to look for such third party software would be helpful as it appears that it can not be done on the device itself (without messing with the "books" on the system), would be appreciated....
    If you don't want to use the Browser, just don't use it. That's entirely under your control. If you don't want to take a chance on others using it, password protect your entire device. I always recommend that. Your friends' and family's personal, private information is in your call logs and address book. You owe it to them to password protect your device. You can always get a new phone, but their personal information could be in the hands of identity thieves or worse.
    08-10-08 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD