Having a hard time. I set my BB to not play any tones when pressing any of the keys, (options/ Screen&keyboard/key tone: off)

When I'm on the home screen, I start to press the numbers as if I'm going to call a number and every time I press the buttons (#'s) the phone beeps, but when I'm on the home screen pressing letters, the phone does not beep.

The problem is that before, my phone did not play any tones when I pressed the numbers, it just started with the tones today.

I hate hearing the tones, especially when I'm in a quite place. Can anyone figure out the problem?

By the way, I also checked the profiles and there are no options to disable the sound.
    Thanks
    10-21-07 10:57 PM
    I believe number tones are always on by default, no way to turn them off. Someone had told me this a while ago in a thread.

You might have some luck trying a search for keypad tones or something like that.
    10-21-07 11:01 PM
    Here is the thread I was talking about: http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/key...-dialing-3521/

I think it is the same way with the 83xx series.
    10-21-07 11:04 PM
    I did a search before I post but really surprise that I didnot have that come up. I guess searching for "disable keypad tones" or anything similar to that was not the correct wording.

Thanks for the info though
    10-21-07 11:10 PM
    After I made my first post, I noticed the thread I was talking about wasn't coming up with a basic search. I had to do an advanced search to find it???

That is why I just posted the link for you. Sorry it was the answer you were hoping for.
    10-22-07 06:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD