Hello All,
    At wits end here. First got an 8330 (Verizon) in October. It was madre in Mexico. I encountered the painful dimming issue (random dimming with auto dim off). and sent it back. Now I just received my THIRD device and it has the same problem !!! Advice?? Thanks
    06-11-09 10:47 PM
    You can keep sending them back as defective, but they basically all behave this way.

Make sure the LED window at the top of the case isn't blocked by a case or skin that you are using as the light sensor is there.
    06-11-09 11:32 PM
    Thanks. Is it worth trying to get them to switch it out for a bold?
    06-11-09 11:35 PM
    Thanks. Is it worth trying to get them to switch it out for a bold?
    Are you on Verizon or AT&T? Verizon doesn't have a Bold.
    06-11-09 11:40 PM
    I have a similar problem. When I watch movies sometimes my keyboard starts flashings. So strange

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 12:12 AM
    I've had the same problem. I don't notice it doing it very often, but it is annoying that it still does it with the feature turned off.
    06-12-09 01:42 AM
    Same problem here. I have a mirrored screen protector on mine so outside its difficult to see if its real dim (the backlight)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 09:14 AM
    After reading a bunch of posts on this, (there are tons of them going back to last year), I think the Auto Dim is misunderstood.

Auto Dim works on lack of use. So it wont DIM, But will go off after a time.

The problem seems to be that to conserve energy, the BL dims when in different lighting situations.

So, if you have Auto Dim OFF, it will still dim if you go from room to room, or change the angle of the phone into a less that optimum lighting situation, but it wont dim from just lack of use! So you'll still dim if you're using it, but the lighting has changed. Make sense? That's what i picked up from the tons of posts on this.
    06-12-09 09:43 AM
    Thanks berryfit. I understand your point. However, it happens when I'm standing still an d the ambient light is stable. That's what makes it so distracting.
    06-12-09 09:24 PM
    Thanks berryfit. I understand your point. However, it happens when I'm standing still an d the ambient light is stable. That's what makes it so distracting.
    06-12-09 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD