Tired of the ALL SEEING EYE on your charging dock?

I charge my BB while I sleep, and this thing is WAY too bright for my nightstand. I don�t know if anyone has done this before, but I decided to see what I could do about that glowing blackberry icon.
    Peeling back the rubber �foot� on the charging dock reveals 3 torx screws. Remove these 3 screws, and the charging dock becomes 3 main parts:

The base, the top, and the very simplistic circuit board.
    On the circuit board, there are two white plastic parts that create the glow up front, as well as the glow behind where the phone sits.

The phone does a pretty good job of blocking the light inside the charging dock, so I left that one alone.
    The BB logo on the front is actually a semi-transparent piece of plastic, allowing the light to glow thru. I simply applied a small piece of electrical tape to the back-side of the BB logo, and then reassembled the charging dock. Below, the left is OEM, the right is the one I fixed.

This took me only a few minutes. The hardest part was reapplying the rubber foot, it�s a little hard to get it lined up just right.
    10-13-09 06:08 AM
    Why not just cover with a peice of eletrical tape.
    10-13-09 07:18 AM
    ...from the outside of course!
    10-13-09 07:35 AM
    I'm just going to leave mine. Great little "nightlight" to have. Haha
    10-13-09 09:22 AM
    I guess he's more worried about the comsetic appearance of it but if thats the case why not put a red piece of tape or something transparent inside to make it display a pretty color
    10-13-09 09:46 AM
    I'm gonna order a dock like that and maybe put a piece of window tint inside just to dim it a bit but not completely block off all the light.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 12:16 PM
    I guess he's more worried about the comsetic appearance of it but if thats the case why not put a red piece of tape or something transparent inside to make it display a pretty color
    Probably because it is incredibly bright. I own the same dock, it can double as a nightlight.
    10-13-09 12:18 PM
    Thanks for the tip, I may consider putting some colored tape on...
    10-13-09 01:12 PM
    The light is great for me. I can find the dock witout the lights on, I do leave it in a different room than I sleep in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 01:44 PM
    i couldnt sleep the first night i got it. the dock was staring into my eye all night
    And that's why I blacked it out completely, lol! It's like trying to sleep with a flashlight pointed at your face.

I'm gonna order a dock like that and maybe put a piece of window tint inside just to dim it a bit but not completely block off all the light.
    I do have 2 docks, one by my bed, the other by my tv. I'll probably tint the other one with some window tint or something, just to tone it down a little.
    10-13-09 02:36 PM
    i dont care bout the light since it sits on my comp table and my laptop blocks it lol
    10-13-09 03:51 PM
    i had the same problem with mine. i would have to turn it the other way. to damn bright. i guess i'll try this trick out
    10-13-09 05:20 PM
    Ok, that was funny...
    10-13-09 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD