Went out today for the 1st time with my new curve. I have 3 email account linked to my curve. 2 are personal/non important. 1 is work. I keep the curve in my pocket in sleep mode. I noticed it vibrated every time i got a email for all 3 accounts. Can i set it up to only notify me for the work emails?? Also it vibrated 2x for voice mails but i dont think i heard it ring or vibrate for the call and the calls do not show in the call log. Only the voice mails show.
    09-09-08 12:50 PM
    Look here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/

You'll have to play with it some. You can change several things within a profile like whether or not it rings in and out of the holster, or how many times it vibrates, etc.
    09-09-08 12:58 PM
    Could of gotten the call(s) when you were receiving the emails. You can change the unimportant email accounts to not notify you at all. Do that in the profiles section.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 01:00 PM
    Great! That did it. Thanks. One more thing i would like to change. It auto-opens the top email when you take it out of the case. Often that is a spam mail i would have just deleted. How can i turn off the auto-open?
    09-09-08 01:03 PM
    Could of gotten the call(s) when you were receiving the emails. You can change the unimportant email accounts to not notify you at all. Do that in the profiles section.

So if a call comes in while emails are coming in then it goes direct to voice mail? I setup the unimportant accounts to have no notification other then the light flashing. What is a level 1 message? Is that like one you have a voice mail?
    09-09-08 01:10 PM
    Not too many stories of bugs getting in, but it is a good question. I am sure you can and someone will come along and tell you how, I am not sure how.

09-09-08 01:11 PM
    So if a call comes in while emails are coming in then it goes direct to voice mail? I setup the unimportant accounts to have no notification other then the light flashing. What is a level 1 message? Is that like one you have a voice mail?
    It is trying to do two things at once, which ever comes in first kicks the other one out the way. MMS will say 'Not retrieved yet', and calls will go to VM.

09-09-08 01:15 PM
    Thats a bummer since i use this for my business phone and emails can always be read later. So it doesnt even show that the call came in?? If a customer doenst leave a voice mail which many dont, then its possibly a lost sale if i dont know they called. Can i set the phone to always have priority? Also is there a way to set how often it checks for mail? Maybe if i make it check less often there will be less chance of missing a call while its downloading male enhancement junk mails!

Im going to start a new thread on this
    Last edited by stang8s; 09-09-08 at 03:05 PM.
    09-09-08 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD