I just leaned there are different browsers on my BB and I can choose which one to use as the default browser. What's the difference between these if any (WAP browser, Internet Browser, and Blackberry Browser)?

thanks
    07-18-08 12:44 AM
    On my BB, I have only "browser".

Where are WAP and BB browsers ?
    07-18-08 12:45 AM
    On my BB, I have only "browser".

Where are WAP and BB browsers ?
    Options/Advanced/Browser/Default Browser Configuration
    07-18-08 12:52 AM
    ok, thanks a lot !
    07-18-08 01:04 AM
    Hmm, I'm not sure at all. If I had to guess, I would say they will just change the way the browser is configured. Selecting WAP may turn off JavaScript and other things such as style sheets. Choosing Internet browser may enabled those. This theory leaves out the BB browser though. I guess I'll have to change them and see what happens.

EDIT: After typing my reply, I went to change the option to find out that my only option is Internet Browser. Are you running 4.5 by any chance. On the demo of the BlackBerry Bold, I happened to notice that when scrolling through the applications there were two different browsers listed. One WAP browser and one HTML browser. Eh, either way, I don't have those options on my 8330.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Noah0504; 07-18-08 at 02:11 AM.
    07-18-08 02:07 AM
    I have a choice of three on my 8320, Internet Browser (which is the native Blackberry Browser), Orange World provided by my carrier and Hotspot Browser (also called Wi Fi Browser under os 4.2). I use the Internet Browser and that works for me with both GPRS (standard mobile data transfer) and wi fi, as it seems to switch over from one to the other automatically. However, I know that some people aren't so lucky and have to manually switch to the Hotspot Browser when they want to take advantage of an available wi fi connection, and then back to the Internet Browser when only GPRS is accessible. The only way to find out if this applies to you is to try it out.
    07-18-08 03:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD