I downloaded the new OS 4.5 for the 8330. When I did I didn't remove the vendor from it and I installed it to my desktop manager. I realized my mistake and downloaded it again to my desktop and then removed the vendor file and left it on my desktop ( I didn't install it to my desktop manager yet, it's still just on the desktop). I wanted to know what to do now. If I download the one without the vendor file to my DM, which one will be updated to my BB? Or it there someway for me to remove the OS with the vendor file still attached?
    08-17-08 10:47 AM
    If you go to "add or remove programs" on your PC, delete the OS that you didn't remove the vendor file from, then you can install the other OS with the vendor file removed.
    08-17-08 10:50 AM
    Hi you can also check out the following thread for more info:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 10:55 AM
    Wendy, Get CrackMem from here http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/. It will manage all the silly tech stuff for you. You have done no harm at all. You should be able to upgrade with no problems.

Please read the help text in CrackMem as it contains a step-by-step guide to upgrading.

Help will always be available here if you run into trouble.

DO NOT forget to sync first and then do a Backup BEFORE you start the upgrade process.
    08-17-08 11:14 AM
    Thanks Chaz and mobiman. If i go to programs on my computer, how will I know which one to remove? Do I just check the properties?
    08-17-08 11:16 AM
    Thanks Pete6!
    08-17-08 11:17 AM
    Thanks Chaz and mobiman. If i go to programs on my computer, how will I know which one to remove? Do I just check the properties?
    There will probably be a slight size difference, the smaller being the one you deleted the file from. Also could check the Last Used date - newest should be the one you worked on.
    08-17-08 11:24 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Wendy!!
    Instead of subjecting yourself to sooooooooo much reading, download the CrackMem program that Pete suggested. It takes all the fuss out of what you need to do at the click of a few, and I mean, very few buttons.

Personally, I wouldnt suggest it being done any other way. CrackMen will have you going in no time. Then you can be here participating.
    08-17-08 11:28 AM
    Quick question - the remove of the vendor file, is the reason for this if you are installing an OS that is not yet released for the device?
    08-17-08 11:29 AM
    Quick question - the remove of the vendor file, is the reason for this if you are installing an OS that is not yet released for the device?
    Leaving the vendor.xml in place doesnt allow DM to know that you want to upgrade. Once you remove it, DM now sees the newer OS & from there the upgrade can begin.
    08-17-08 11:34 AM
    cool , but if your carrier has a newer version that is offically released, does this file need to be removed?
    08-17-08 11:36 AM
    cool , but if your carrier has a newer version that is offically released, does this file need to be removed?
    If you're using the release for your carrier, then no - you don't need to delete it.
    08-17-08 11:37 AM
    Thanks Chaz. That cleaned it up for me
    08-17-08 11:39 AM
    Thanks guys!
    08-17-08 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD