I was updating my new (to me) Curve 8310 from OS 4.1.something to 4.5, and I got a fatal error during the upgrade process. Now I'm stuck at an error 507 and it wont connect to my computer. I got an error 561 as well, but took out the battery and sim and it returned to 507.

I've tried plugging it into my Mac and PC and neither will recognize it. I read about wiping it using JL cmdr, but some threads said that this won't fix my problem, since it was already wiped when I was (trying) to upgrade.

I'm going to give it a break overnight, and any advice in the morning would be much appreciated!
    06-08-09 12:28 AM
    I too have a blackberry in this state and not able to rescue it to date using different versions of OS and also trying the vendor.xml deletion trick.

Any thoughts?
    06-08-09 12:31 AM
    507 means you have no OS installed on your phone.
    To fix this:

1. Download the OS you want to install
    2. Install the OS you downloaded to your computer
    3. Connect your phone to your computer
    4. Open Desktop Manager

It should ask you if you want to upgrade, click yes.
    06-08-09 12:34 AM
    And for maximum compatibility with your Curve, use DM 4.5 or 4.6, avoid DM 4.6

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 12:39 AM
    I was updating my new (to me) Curve 8310 from OS 4.1.something to 4.5, and I got a fatal error during the upgrade process. Now I'm stuck at an error 507 and it wont connect to my computer. I got an error 561 as well, but took out the battery and sim and it returned to 507.

I've tried plugging it into my Mac and PC and neither will recognize it. I read about wiping it using JL cmdr, but some threads said that this won't fix my problem, since it was already wiped when I was (trying) to upgrade.

I'm going to give it a break overnight, and any advice in the morning would be much appreciated!

I too have a blackberry in this state and not able to rescue it to date using different versions of OS and also trying the vendor.xml deletion trick.

Any thoughts?
    If what savio suggested doesn't work, you may want to try using either one of these tutorials.

I bricked my Curve not too long ago and my pc wouldn't recognize it either. With the second link I was able to reload the OS onto my Blackberry.

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    06-08-09 12:43 AM
    And for maximum compatibility with your Curve, use DM 4.5 or 4.6, avoid DM 4.6

That's a type o he meant avoid DM 4.7

06-08-09 12:49 AM
    OOOO, definitely avoid DM 4.7

Thanks BnG.

06-08-09 12:52 AM
    No problem buddy

06-08-09 12:56 AM
    Thanks so much guys. I'm at work this morning and will try these out when I get home this afternoon and will let you know how everything worked out. I had to do a battery pull to get it to shut of fthe error screen last night and it's sitting sadly disassembled on my desk right now.
    06-08-09 09:31 AM
    The links kakakasiBB posted will definitely work. It's less complicated that it looks.
    06-08-09 09:38 AM
    I tried to load it through app loader but just get a fatal error. I downloaded 4.5 from a carrier (AT&T) and from the automatic update and tried to load both-fatal error.
    When I try to connect through the desktop manager the error changes from 507 to 561 to 507, but when it finishes "erasing applications" I get "unable to connect to the device..."

Could this be a connection issue? I feel like the usb-input on the Blackberry is loose, would that cause this? It's an AT&T phone that is unlocked and used on my T-Mobile service, so I imagine I'm SOL getting any help from either of them if it's a hardware issue like that.
    06-08-09 01:50 PM
    My USB connection is also a little loose. I need to place my BB on the edge of my desk with the weight of the USB cord actually tilting my BB up slightly. This makes for a nice, reliable data connection, just don't hit or disturb the USB cable while doing the upgrade/reload...

Hope this helps.
    06-08-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD