So I have had my blackberry curve 8310 from at&t for a week now, and let me tell you....I LOVE IT!

However, I have noticed that I keep getting a lot of "error 502 bad connection" errors and "server is too busy at this time" errors when I am browsing the internet.

I haven't downloaded any applications or anything yet, and I have saved all media (pics, music, ringtones) to my media card.

I have tried doing the battery pull, but still when using the internet or checking my email I keep getting these error messages.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you in advance!
    04-08-08 09:13 AM
    I would suggest you update to the latest OS and see if that helps resolve some of your problems. AT&T loads .170 on their phones, or at least most of them have .170.
    04-08-08 10:13 AM
    I second the suggestion about updating to the latest OS. That might well take care of your problems.
    04-08-08 10:13 AM
    thanks for the help...i have the .170 version on my phone! i tried downloading the latest from blackberry but am having trouble, so i'll have to work with it, this is my first smartphone
    04-08-08 02:37 PM
    You've made a wise decision =]
    04-08-08 09:35 PM
    You can go the atts blackberry d/l site and get the new OS. On my berry so I don't have the link on hand. Hopefully someone can provide it for you or get there through BB's website.

Jim

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-08 10:16 PM
    well i updated my software and that still doesn't seem to help the problem.

It is taking up to 15 minutes to send a picture to another cell phone or email address, and it is a picture I took with my curve.

now i keep getting "Error 404" messages when using my browser, so I am at a lost, but I am still within my 30 day period so i think i might just give up my curve and get something else
    04-09-08 03:00 PM
    well i updated my software and that still doesn't seem to help the problem.

It is taking up to 15 minutes to send a picture to another cell phone or email address, and it is a picture I took with my curve.

now i keep getting "Error 404" messages when using my browser, so I am at a lost, but I am still within my 30 day period so i think i might just give up my curve and get something else
    don't give up so soon! try exchanging it. maybe it is just a bad berry. have you had internet problems with att before?

i would def get another berry first before giving up on them. after all, what would be your alternate choice for a phone after using the berry? lol
    04-09-08 03:32 PM
    Don't give up on the Curve. Sounds like you may have just gotten one that's not quite up to par. The Curve is an excellent device so I would suggest you just exchange it and try a new one.
    04-09-08 03:38 PM
    Is your service area weak?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-08 03:47 PM
    thanks guys for the input...

I always have a full signal (4-5 bars) where i live, so that is why I don't understand what is going on...

I left verizon to come to at&t just for the curve, and I like a lot of things about it, so I might just exchange it and get another one
    04-09-08 04:00 PM
    Yea that would be a better choice than getting rid of it all together. Once everything is operational, you will LOVE it!

Jim
    04-09-08 05:01 PM
    If this is your first BB, then your concern is quite natural...I had a different issue altogether at the time I bought mine..At&t was upgrading/revamping their website and I was unable to login to their BIS server from the personal email setup on my curve. I could access it from the media net, but from browser and personal email set up i was receiving similar error....I was on the phone with AT&T rep for almost 4 hrs and they made me re-install the OS (when all I had was a brand new phone)...nothing happened...finally we were in a conference call with RIM tech. support and they said there is nothing wrong with my device (after they made me do some stuff)...All the time AT&T never acknowledged that they had a network/website issue !!!...So, my advice would be try accessing the browser from some other location where you have full signal and EDGE !!!.

Good luck !
    04-09-08 07:53 PM
    thanks rintu for that input

i actually got to try the phone out in another area in my state tonight where I had a full signal and Edge.

Same problems - error messages when using the internet browser, and it took about 7 minutes to send a picture taken with my curve to an email address and about 5 minutes as an MMS message.

I am going to take the phone back to the store and exchange it, I really hope this fixes the problem and that this isn't what I have to look forward to with a curve.
    04-09-08 09:27 PM
    on a side note, people have been telling me that for the past couple of days it is taking my text messages 5-10 minutes to get to them
    04-09-08 09:50 PM
    I have that issue with the text messaging sometimes as well...
    04-09-08 10:42 PM
    i think it depends on who you text to...in my experience if i text someone who also has tmo or att it is instant, but if i text someone on verizon or sprint from my phone it will usually take between 5 minutes and a half hour. im not sure if yall feel the same but thats just what i have noticed.
    04-10-08 03:22 AM
    so I exchanged my curve for another one and guess what? it does the same thing. It takes about 10 - 15 minutes to send an email with or with out an attachment/pic.

It takes up to 15 minutes to send text messages. I just don't understand, there is no way that I could have received 2 bad phones is there?

When browsing the web, I am still getting the same Error 404, and Error 505 messages, and a message that says the connection has timed out.

I have done battery pulls and everything.

I don't have any applications at all on the phone other than what it came with, and my media card has all my pics, music, etc, so they aren't on the phone.

I am also always at 4-5 bars of service.

I think I am going to take my curve back and get something else. I'm just so disappointed.
    04-14-08 07:10 PM
    Are you using BES or BIS ?

Can you try the following : -

a) Check your Free Memory/Free File size [ Options>Status> ]
    b) Clear your Browser Cache
    c) Try accessing the same websites using MediaNet or Opera Mini browser
    d) Try accessing the same websites using IE on your PC, Email the link to your BB and try clicking on the link from inside the email application.
    e) Try removing your Micro SD card and test the browser.
    f) Try convincing AT&T CSP to escalate the issue to RIM tech.support.

If both the BBs had same issue, it is highly "unlikely" to be a device problem...could be a SIM card issue also...
    04-14-08 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD