Disclaimer: I am a Blackberry Newbie

When I go into my address book and select a contact to call, instead of dialling the number, it takes me to the call log screen where I see a list of numbers I've recently called/received.

While on that call log screen, if I press the track ball, options come up asking whether I want to 'call from address book' or 'call voicemail'. When I select call from ab, only then does it automatically allow me to call without taking an additional step.

Same for voice mail. Usually, I press 1 but now when I press it, it goes to the same call log screen and offers me those two options (along with 'full menu').

How do I get rid of this recent 2nd step I have to take at the call log screen?

Thanks for any assistance provided! And apologies if the answer is covered elsewhere - I tried to find it.

Dalia
    04-07-08 10:15 AM
    Also, I've just realised speed dial no longer works. Is it some option I've turned off with my keyboard then?
    04-07-08 10:19 AM
    I am not sure if you changed anything but go to your dial screen (press the green button), choose option, general options, and make sure the dial from home screen is on yes.
    When you dial from your phone book you need to highlight the phone number you wish to dial (not just the name of the person), else when you click on the green button the BB is just assuming that you want to go to the dial screen.

ETA: Hmm...I take that back for I just went to my address book, highlighted a name, pressed dial (green button) and it dialed without me having to highlight a specific number. I don't see anything in the address book option that might be hindering you attempts. I say do an alt-ctrl-del and try again. If after the soft reset it's still doing it then we'll have to investigate further (unless someone else had this happen to them and can help you).....good luck!
    Last edited by JoJo78; 04-07-08 at 11:36 AM.
    04-07-08 11:30 AM
    Hi JoJo,

Thanks a lot for your reply :-)

I have the 'dial from home screen' set to yes. I've done a soft reset but it's taking a long time to actually reset :S

I hope it comes back and when it does I'll check to see if its working and get back to you.

Thanks again,

Dalia
    04-07-08 12:16 PM
    Yay! The reset fixed the address book problem. Muchisimas gracias!

But my speed dialling function and voice mail by clicking '1' still seems to have gone incognito.

I will scrounge around on the forum to see if a quick fix is here before bothering anybody else.

Dalia
    04-07-08 12:21 PM
    Nothing fixes that BB like a soft reset. Could you imagine if we could alt-ctrl-del ppl? What a wonderful world it would be...hahahahaha.

Glad you got it fixed. I never did anything to my mailbox...the number was already programed from the service provider.
    04-07-08 01:34 PM
    Here's how you can fix the speed dial. Most likely the entry for voice mail got messed up.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/res...230/#post54615
    04-07-08 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD