I came from using Palm for many years. With the Treo you were able to set buttons to either launch the call, text or email. With that you were able to set the name of the person. When you would get a call or text from that person it would show the name assigned to the quick buttons. For example I had one that listed my wife as Luv of my life and that would show when she would call or text. It didn't change the way she was stored in the contacts. Is there any way to do this on the BB. This is truly the only thing that my Treo did that I have not been able to do on the BB. If I can do this the Treo will be out of my mind forever. Thanks in advance.
    07-09-08 08:41 PM
    it can be done, but i have never done it myself.

so the next time i go manual surfing, i'll make sure to look it up for ya. in the meantime, i'm sure someone else will chime in with their experience.

but yes, you can assign shortcuts to most of the keys after turning off "dial from homescreen" in your phone's general options: send key > menu > options > general settings > dial from homescreen
    07-09-08 08:43 PM
    I know how to set speed dials but was wondering if you can edit the name to give nicknames without editing the actual contact.
    07-09-08 08:55 PM
    I know how to set speed dials but was wondering if you can edit the name to give nicknames without editing the actual contact.
    AHA!

now i get it.

no.
    07-09-08 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD