"dial from home screen" is set at "no" but I still can't set the shortcut keys to work... help plz!
    01-10-09 03:01 PM
    Did you try it when the option to dial from home screen is set it to yes?
    01-10-09 03:06 PM
    yeah.... doesn't work in both settings. this is just driving me nuts!!! help anyone?
    01-10-09 03:12 PM
    Try a battery pull
    01-10-09 03:13 PM
    tried everything I can think of for last 4 hours... even upgrade from 4.3 to 4.5. still no luck.
    01-10-09 03:15 PM
    You can't set new keys. You can only use the existing ones. Someone had posted a few on a post in the past.

Is that what you meant or are the default keys not working?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 03:34 PM
    I can't get the shortcuts keys to work on anything other than the contacts...
    01-10-09 03:44 PM
    So if you press (don't hold) "K" for example, the keypad doesn't lock?
    01-10-09 03:50 PM
    "dial from home screen" is set at "no" but I still can't set the shortcut keys to work... help plz!
    I'm confused. What exactly are you trying to get your Curve to do?

It sounds like you are trying to set your convenience side key to go to the phone application? If that is what you are trying to do, just press the green phone key at the left of the trackball.
    01-10-09 03:55 PM
    I'm just trying to make the shortcut keys to work... Like M for messages and O for options. After I set my "dial from home screen" to no, when I press M from the home screen, it still asks "Assign a Speed Dial to the M key?" Does this make sense?
    01-10-09 04:11 PM
    I'm just trying to make the shortcut keys to work... Like M for messages and O for options. After I set my "dial from home screen" to no, when I press M from the home screen, it still asks "Assign a Speed Dial to the M key?" Does this make sense?
    Yeah, it sounds like you're holding the key instead of pressing the key.
    Speed dial is still available on the homescreen if you HOLD the key, not if you PRESS the key.
    01-10-09 04:14 PM
    Oh, o.k. now I understand.

FYI mine does the same thing. I'm running 4.5.0.97
    01-10-09 04:17 PM
    Yeah, it sounds like you're holding the key instead of pressing the key.
    Speed dial is still available on the homescreen if you HOLD the key, not if you PRESS the key.
    That works...
    01-10-09 04:19 PM
    feel so stupid... that was it. not pressing and hold works.
    01-10-09 04:23 PM
    feel so stupid... that was it. not pressing and hold works.
    That's all right. I only found out that speed dial still works earlier this morning.
    I've just recently set my phone not to dial from Home screen.
    01-10-09 04:24 PM
    I dont have to hold mine.
    01-10-09 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD