I have a VZW 8330 currently which has been needing a battery pull every day for the last 6 months. It's some kind of corruption on the call logs (at least I'm pretty sure that's what it is). Details of this problem are in this thread. I have tried reinstalling the OS, installing new versions of the OS and nothing has worked. I attempted to use JLCommander but it would never work on my phone, so unfortunately I was never able to completely wipe it.

I will be getting the BB Tour on Sunday, and my question is if the OS on my 8330 is corrupt, will using the Device Switch Wizard transfer the corruption to the new phone? Since I've pretty much traced the problem to the Call Logs, should I try to omit those when doing the transfer?
    07-10-09 09:05 AM
    IF you think this what the problem is, then yes it would xfer over. You may try a selective restore of data from a restore and do not bring back the call logs.
    07-10-09 11:00 AM
    Don't use the Device Switch wizard. Use Backup/Restore Advanced. Open the Backup file, then the databases that can be restored to your BB will be listed on the left "pane". Select the database that you want restored (eg. Address Book), then select the >> button in the middle, the database will be Restored to your new BB. Repeat only for the important databases like Messages, and Password Keeper, etc.

Don't forget to make a 3rd party backup as the Backup doeesn't backup 3rd party apps:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    07-10-09 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD