I've been running OS 4.5.0.66 on my Curve 8330 since it was released and it has been running flawlessly since I installed it. Tonight I went to access a video on my media card and it gave me an error, so I pulled the battery. When it came back up it said that a media card had been inserted which contained errors. I put the card into a card reader and formatted it, put it back in the berry and proceeded to copy my files back on. It was fine for less than five minutes then the berry started freezing. It would freeze and I'd have to pull the battery every two minutes.

I decided to do a test. I put the card in an 8830 that I have and its been in there for about two hours and has not frozen once. That leads me to believe that its either an issue with the OS or the card slot. I'm a little skeptical that it is the OS because its been running fine up until this evening.

Anyone have any thoughts as to what I should try?
    08-20-08 01:55 AM
    You could try reinstalling the os to c if it repairs. Also, I would try another card to test the bb card slot. Did you install anything new prior to the card failing? If so, does it store anything in the card?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 02:04 AM
    Yeah, I would try the microSD card from the 8830(if it had one), in yours to see if it still errors. If it does, there is a good chance it is the OS. You have to remember, these are still beta version of the OS. Just because most of other things work, doesn't mean that there aren't one or two problems.
    08-20-08 02:06 AM
    I don't have another card. I just pulled the one from the 8830 and put it in my Curve when I got it. I know its a beta and I'm not ruling out that it is a problem with the OS I just thought it was a little odd that it just now started doing that.
    08-20-08 02:08 AM
    I don't have another card. I just pulled the one from the 8830 and put it in my Curve when I got it. I know its a beta and I'm not ruling out that it is a problem with the OS I just thought it was a little odd that it just now started doing that.
    Hehe, and I thought it was odd my UMA just started dropping calls. I have rarely heard of problems with the SD card slots(not saying it isn't possible). But if I had to throw out a guess just on this information, I would say it was the OS.
    08-20-08 02:11 AM
    If you don't have one or can't borrow one, reinstall your os. At least you could rule that out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 02:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD