I searched for this topic but could not find it. Feel free to direct me to another thread if this has been posted before (which I'm sure it has!)

I just got my curve back. I downloaded the updated DM and it's not recognizing my phone. Under pin it says "none".

I do hear a sound when i plug it in so i know my USB cable is working. I've looked in the "help" section in DM and did whatever they advised and it's still not working.

Any ideas??
    11-30-08 07:16 PM
    Which DM and where did you get it?
    11-30-08 07:18 PM
    from the blackberry website and it was 4.5

I was attempting to update the OS to 4.5 as well. Obviously i didn't get that far though lol
    11-30-08 07:23 PM
    Uninstall it and download 4.6 without media.
    11-30-08 07:27 PM
    ok I'll try it that. Thanks!
    11-30-08 07:34 PM
    well I've tried it but it didn't work Any idea why this is happening?
    11-30-08 08:32 PM
    If you are using Windows go into the device manager when the phone is plugged into the USB and see if a USB device has and Exclamation mark next to it. If so, delete it and then unplug and replug the phone in. Sometimes the driver gets confused and needs to be re-installed.
    Good Luck!
    12-01-08 08:22 AM
    Hi I'm having the same problem. My desktop 4.5 app won't even recognize my curve and I've checked the device manager and its listed there with no problems. What should I try next?
    12-01-08 09:52 AM
    I'm sorry. I'm alittle confused. Where exactly am I looking for the exclamation point? I didn't notice any but I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place.

Also I just realized that the desktop manager window itself says "disconnected" However at the bottom it says "device connected (pin)= none".
    12-01-08 09:47 PM
    I'm sorry. I'm alittle confused. Where exactly am I looking for the exclamation point? I didn't notice any but I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place.
    In control panel -> system -> hardware -> device manager

I'm having the same problem on my laptop, but there's not even a BB listed in device manager. Anyone?
    12-02-08 05:50 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Help??
    12-03-08 02:53 PM
    HELP!

Thanks in advance!
    12-04-08 09:56 AM
    OK, I solved mine, but I can't promise it will solve everyone else's. My original post was on the Newbies board. Here's what I posted there last night.

I googled "desktop manager does not recognize blackberry," and I got a ton of hits. On the second one, I found another forum where someone said to be sure that during installation, you check the "anyone who uses this computer" option instead of for you personally. So I unistalled yet again, reinstalled, this time checking the right box, then opened DM. Holy Mother of doG!! It worked. I hope everyone who still has this problem will read this and try it. Lord knows there are a lot of 'em (not just here).
    12-04-08 12:23 PM
    OK, I solved mine, but I can't promise it will solve everyone else's. My original post was on the Newbies board. Here's what I posted there last night.

I googled "desktop manager does not recognize blackberry," and I got a ton of hits. On the second one, I found another forum where someone said to be sure that during installation, you check the "anyone who uses this computer" option instead of for you personally. So I unistalled yet again, reinstalled, this time checking the right box, then opened DM. Holy Mother of doG!! It worked. I hope everyone who still has this problem will read this and try it. Lord knows there are a lot of 'em (not just here).
    i have that issue now as well. i am trying to run DM from a USB drive and while DM opens, my device is showing as not connected.

i think i did check for me personally. thanks for this tip! deleting DM and downloading it again!
    12-05-08 11:02 AM
    Let me know if it works for you. I'm curious.
    12-05-08 01:19 PM
    Let me know if it works for you. I'm curious.
    yes, it did work! i have no idea why though. i don't know much about computers. plus i'm running DM from a USB flash drive. not sure if that matters.

thanks for the tip!
    12-05-08 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD