When I have filled my device memory up with pics...is there anyway to default it to save on my memory card. It asks me everytime I take a pic and I have manually put it on the card. Just wondering if theres a setting i'm not seeing that will automatically realize the device memory is full and put it on the card.
    06-21-08 09:13 PM
    Nope nevermind!! Search Button is my friend!!! Sorry
    06-21-08 09:26 PM
    I have my device memory set to zero, all media automatically goes to the media card.

You might consider moving all you pics and ringtones to your card. Low device memory can cause a loss of data on your BB, texts, e-mail etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 09:27 PM
    Open up the camera then open up menu>options>then it says at the bottom save to media card

06-21-08 09:31 PM
    I have my device memory set to zero, all media automatically goes to the media card.

You might consider moving all you pics and ringtones to your card. Low device memory can cause a loss of data on your BB, texts, e-mail etc.

It's not a bad idea to keep your current ringtone(s) and wallpaper on the Device Memory. Why? If you enable Mass Storage Mode when connected to your PC the phone can't access the ringtones and wallpaper on the locked out Media Card so your current wallpaper will revert back to the theme default and tones.

You should still keep the absolute minimum media on the Device Mmeory but this seems to be a worthwhile exception.
    06-21-08 09:36 PM
    your current wallpaper will revert back to the theme default and tones.
    I've never had my wallpaper revert back to default by itself, unless the device was rebooted by the app loader or something else while it was plugged in. When it boots back up it reverts to default. But yeah, ring tones are cut off unless they're in device memory.
    06-21-08 09:43 PM
    For the short period that the Curve is connected to the Mac its not an issue.

Wallpaper has never reverted to the default when connected, ringtones that's another story but not an issue

06-21-08 10:09 PM
    I have never had this problem either, all of my stuff is on my media card and it never reverts back to the default wallpaper, although this could be due to the fact that I deleted the stock wallpapers.
    06-21-08 11:05 PM
    i am using bb8900 and my device's memory is consumed automatically when it is ideal so pls help me how do i manage my device or my device need some setting or problem in my device kindly replay me..
    01-08-10 09:35 AM
    hey guys.. i got a question... my media card came out when i did a battery pull and now it wants me to format the card but ill lose all the pics n vids if i format it. is there a way to format it without losing the pics? i have a 8330 btw.
    01-08-10 12:20 PM
    hey guys.. i got a question... my media card came out when i did a battery pull and now it wants me to format the card but ill lose all the pics n vids if i format it. is there a way to format it without losing the pics? i have a 8330 btw.
    Have you thought of putting the memory card into a computer (via an adapter if need be), backing up the pics, then formatting the card, you could always copy and past all the pics back onto the card at this point if you wish. Sync your BB frequently and you will never have to worry about this again! I hate losing pics!
    01-08-10 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD