I've run into a problem today that I'm hoping someone here might help me diagnose. I returned from the holiday weekend and tried to synch my BB but Desktop Manager would eventually shut down when synching my address book. I tried several times and would always get the same problem. Windows would shut down the program. I deleted Desktop Manager and reinstalled it (ver 4.7) and am still having the same problem. It synched fine before the weekend and all I did was add a few names/numbers, but did not add any other apps or software.

It appears it's getting hung up in a loop of sorts. I have 598 contacts in my address book and DM shows it reading them from my phone... then reading 598 contacts from Yahoo. Then for some reason it says it's reading 1,196 contacts from device (double). That's when the program crashes. I upgraded my phone to the new 4.5 OS early last week but had not had any synching issues to speak of.

Any thoughts on how to rectify this problem? As I mentioned, I've deleted DM and reinstalled and that doesn't help. I'm not sure if I should try restoring the software on my phone, but I think I deleted my saved backups whenever I removed DM from my computer this morning. My phone has no other problems and it works fine, I just can't synch it. This really isn't a problem either as long as I enter calendar information and contacts directly into my BB.
    12-01-08 04:20 PM
    I had problems with 4.7 crashing on me too. I went back one step to 4.6 and have had no problems since.
    12-01-08 04:25 PM
    I presume I can use DM 4.6 with the newest version of the phone operating software 4.5? I didn't know if earlier versions of DM would freak out if it saw the newer phone OS already loaded.
    12-01-08 04:28 PM
    I don't think you would have a problem. I have the newest update on my Pearl and the DM 4.6 doesn't have any problem with it.
    12-01-08 09:15 PM
    This is all Greek to me. I'm new to BB and not a computer person. It worked fine yesterday, but today gets part way through sync and then Windows shuts it down. I rebooted, but same thing. Ran as admin, same thing. HELP, but please speak English.
    05-01-09 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD