Did you guys notice that v4.6 is out? or am i just slow?
    08-23-08 06:00 AM
    I installed it yesterday, working fine so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 06:12 AM
    Same here
    08-23-08 06:48 AM
    I had it for close to 2 months now and it works great.
    08-23-08 06:55 AM
    08-23-08 08:14 AM
    did the update yesterday too, works jus fine
    08-23-08 08:31 AM
    Are any of you running Vista? I couldn't get it to install.

08-23-08 09:31 AM
    I have had mine for about one month. I installed the download version form Vodafone, and it has worked great thus far. I see Blackberry officially has v4.6 on their site for download.
    08-23-08 09:35 AM
    Yeah I'm running Vista and I downloaded it from BlackBerry's site and I couldn't get it to install.

08-23-08 09:38 AM
    same for me , working flawless
    08-23-08 09:39 AM
    Yep, it's been out for a while. Although unless you're going to use the Media Sync function then there is no point, stick with 4.5 or 4.3.
    08-23-08 10:09 AM
    We love you but yup you're slow LOL

V4.5 works on Vista (or it least it did for me)

CHEERS!

08-23-08 11:06 AM
    V4.5 works on Vista but 4.6 won't install. Too bad :-(
    08-23-08 11:10 AM
    mine works just fine
    08-23-08 11:11 AM
    having trouble with it.
    started the other day with v4.5 and now with v4.6
    I cant back up the device anymore. it gives an error message. it stops when backing up "tsl options" and displays an error message "error backing up database(s)"

arg!! what's my next step?
    08-23-08 11:22 AM
    Two questions:
    1. How is 4.6 different from 4.3?
    2. Do you need to update Desktop Manager to be compat. with 4.5 or 6?
    08-23-08 11:34 AM
    Ok, from what i have read so far i belive the problem im having is on my side, not actualy with 4.6 but here it is...
    I DL it and installed, but now everytime i go to open it it takes about 3min to do anything, then it will open and each time i try to do any of the options (media manager and such) it takes another 3 mins to actualy open. im running XP and have all the updates for it. The only thing i can think of is that when i was installing i had forgot to turn off my Spybot and it kept trying to block stuff. Hope some one can help!
    08-23-08 12:12 PM
    I had it for close to 2 months now and it works great.

same here.
    08-23-08 01:49 PM
    We love you but yup you're slow LOL

V4.5 works on Vista (or it least it did for me)

CHEERS!

I'm not talking about v4.5 I'm talking about v4.6 will not install on my PC running Vista.

08-23-08 03:12 PM
    Hi! I just got my first Blackberry - the 8830 Curve and I'm loving it. I'm new to Crackberry as well. I tried to start a new thread but can't figure out how to do it. I'm having two main problems:

1. I tried to download 4.6 from the Blackberry site. The file saves as a ZIP file. However, when I try to run the actual install program, it tells me that there is an error. I'm using Windows Vista as well.

2. I have Palm Desktop and am trying to export my address book and calendar to Outlook so that I can sync all my information to my BB.

a. I can save my address book contacts into a file but am unable to import it to my BB Desktop. I tried to follow the instructions on another thread for saving the exported file to an Excel spreadsheet, adding a header column, then importing to BB Desktop - but no luck. Keep getting wrong information in the Excel file part.

b. I can only save my date book information as a .dba file from Palm Desktop. When I try to import that into my Outlook program, it won't let me.

I brand new so I really need the BASIC instructions.

Thanks!
    Chris
    08-23-08 03:55 PM
    You may need to uninstall your earlier version DM first- I have been using DM 4.5 w/ 4.5.066 up till now without issue. However, I bought a new computer and rather than install DM from the BB CD-Rom, I just downloaded the newest version from RIM. Install went smoothly and subsequent syncs and media transfer working fine as well.
    On an unrelated note, has anyone else experienced spontaneous BB USB cable failure? After months, all of a sudden the computer wasn't detecting BB as USB device nor was DM activating on plug-in. BB wouldn't even charge. Then I switched USB cables and everything was fine. One bad cable, maybe, but now I have gone through 3 of the RIM branded BB data cables with this experience. I found the USB/mini cable from my Harmony Remote control worked well for BB synch-in fact it's the only data cable working on right now. Am I the only one dealing with this?
    08-23-08 10:15 PM
    chapdaddy, i just rolled back to v4.5 cause the new dm wasn't picking up the device.

i even wiped my hd on my pc and reloaded everything (and not because of my issue) and it still won't let me back up my data... I'm really going crazy.
    08-23-08 10:36 PM
    Are any of you running Vista? I couldn't get it to install.

I'm running Vista and have no issues...installed fine, syncs over bluetooth....I'm happy as a clam.
    08-23-08 10:50 PM
    I need to download this. Can anyone post a link for the site?

08-24-08 12:55 AM
    I need to download this. Can anyone post a link for the site?

The download is available on the official blackberry website along with all the previous versions.
    08-24-08 08:50 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD