Hi everyone,

after recently acquiring a 8320 from a friend I became hooked instantly to the glory that is a Blackberry! Unfortunately my friend did not give me the software cd for the phone, so I was curious if I was running the right desktop software

The phone itself says it is running v4.2.0.12

So I downloaded the v4.2 desktop software, here lies where things are slightly odd

When I try to add music to by blackberry it shows up as e:drive on the screen in my computer, but when I click on it, it asks for me to insert a disk into drive e, so the question is;

a) is this normal considering that I do not have a micro sd card in it yet
    b) am I running the proper software

also I was curious about the software, it shows up as the device manager on my computer, but there is nothing I can really do with it, should I download the service packs?

Sorry for being such a noob and thanks for all the help in advance!
    -randall
    12-01-08 10:43 PM
    You need to download a newer Desktop Manager. The latest is 4.7. I'm running 4.6 with my OS 4.2. There's no correlation between the Desktop Manager version number and your OS version. There's no need to run the Device Manager yourself, Desktop Manager will launch it as it needs it.

The latest Desktop Manager should answer most of your questions.

The Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig is a good way to get familiar with your OS, as well as to free up memory.

Welcome to the Forums! Don't overlook the resources under the Newbies Tab at the top of the screen.
    12-01-08 10:58 PM
    SWEET

Thanks Jeff!

-randall
    12-01-08 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD