Hi guys, need help & advice here. the subject speaks by itself. i'm using BB Desktop manager 4.2 & trying to detect my curve using my laptop (XP). unable to detect the device. any advice or solution? really need help urgently..
    cheers!!!
    06-29-08 09:13 PM
    06-29-08 09:17 PM
    A few suggestions:

1) Does your laptop have multiple USB ports on the front and back of your laptop? If so, try the "other" side USB ports. On some older laptops I've had similar issues.

2) Uninstall the DM and try to plug the BB in without the software. Does XP kick off an unrecognized device notice? If so cycle back around with DM.

3) Have you made sure your BB is unlocked before plugging it into the USB port?

4) I had an issue with systems running software that monitored the USB for policy compliance causing the BB not to be recognized until that software was fixed. Do you have SafeBoot or Pointsec that might do something similar?

Hrmm. What else?
    06-29-08 09:23 PM
    A few suggestions:

1) Does your laptop have multiple USB ports on the front and back of your laptop? If so, try the "other" side USB ports. On some older laptops I've had similar issues.
    - tried it but still not detectable.

2) Uninstall the DM and try to plug the BB in without the software. Does XP kick off an unrecognized device notice? If so cycle back around with DM.
    - will try this

3) Have you made sure your BB is unlocked before plugging it into the USB port?
    - it's unlocked

4) I had an issue with systems running software that monitored the USB for policy compliance causing the BB not to be recognized until that software was fixed. Do you have SafeBoot or Pointsec that might do something similar?
    - maybe. Hrmm. What else?

by the way, i've managed to detect my curve using other laptop (also XP). could it be my laptop that's unable to detect it. how to fix this?
    06-29-08 09:35 PM
    BBIronMan pretty much told you how
    06-29-08 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD