Hey everyone! I hope this is a easy question for you crackberry fanatics!

I have a 8330 for about two weeks. When I got the phone, I synced my information from my palm pilot over (Calendar, contacts, memo etc...) with no problem at all. During these two weeks I have added some appointments to my calendar directly on my BB. Tonight when I got home I tethered my BB to my laptop and wanted to sync my Microsoft Outlook and my BB. Right away Desktop Manager found the 5 new appointments I had added onto my BB but it also wanted to delete the 71 prior events on my calendar? I have birthdays, appointments, golf tournaments that I had in my Palm and it synced no problem. Now all of a sudden I can not sync the 5 new items to my laptop without deleting the 71 other items on my calendar?
    I have it set up to do a two way sync and for some reason I am having this problem. Anyone have an idea what is going on?
    Thanks!
    07-21-08 08:04 PM
    I, too, am having similar problems. the DM keeps wanting to delete some outlook calendar events.

Anyone's help would be appreciated.

Deezle
    08-11-08 11:42 AM
    I've had that problem, too...and I also note that events entered into my BB don't transfer to Outlook on my desktop. I would REALLY like to solve that! I've been back and forth through menus on my BB and desktop for a couple of months and still haven't gotten them to transfer from BB to desktop.
    Last edited by Pilgrim; 08-11-08 at 12:07 PM.
    08-11-08 11:45 AM
    it may have to do with the settings of how long to keep prior appointments, etc. you may have to change it to 'forever' to keep certain "appointments".
    08-18-08 01:33 PM
    You have to pay close attention any time you sync, and ALWAYS make sure you have a current backup. the numbers of deletions can be decieving at times because the sync process will "wipe" the target before loading the new updated info. This means if you had 10 contacts and added 3 new ones you may see the 3 new additions and also see 10 deletions. You would then show 13 "new" additions to be added. Backup often, take your time and good luck.
    08-18-08 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD