i connect the bb to the computer via usb cable and when i click on application loader i get this....

what's wrong ? thanks in advance !
    01-02-09 12:40 AM
    please help
    01-02-09 01:08 AM
    I've personally never heard of DUN on the BB unless it has to do with tethering. Try doing a battery pull (30 seconds) and trying again.
    01-02-09 04:49 AM
    i've done that multiple times and same thing, have restarted the computer and phone
    01-02-09 04:50 AM
    Upping! Please help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 12:00 AM
    so i am guessing nobody knows ?
    01-04-09 03:25 AM
    First things first -- I don't *know* but I'll toss a thought or two out there.

It is possible (assuming the correct data/service plan) to use your BB as a modem for connecting to the net when plugged into your PC. If the PC is set to take advantage of same, it may grab the connection (benignly or not) as soon as the BB is attached.

I noticed yesterday when moving data from an old Palm device that if I right-clicked on the icon in my system tray that looked like a little Blackberry, it would show a check mark next to what I vaguely remember as either a serial connection or a USB connection -- seeming to indicate possible use as either a mass storage device OR a modem.

That might also be worth a look.

Hope this has some small value . . . good luck!
    01-04-09 05:12 AM
    thanks for your help analogy. some how i decided to simply give up and when i tried once again it worked. weird and random
    01-05-09 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD