I posted this on a cople of BB forums in hope someone would give me an idea what to do.

First of all I have an 8310 and ugraded to v4.5.0.55 and Desktop Manager 4.6 several weeks ago. I use the version w/o Media.

This am my computer was off because security updates were automatically installed to my Latitude D400 running XP.

I booted up and logged on and got an error message from Desktop Manager that indicated that it needs Microsoft DCOM98 version 1.3 or later to be installed.

I went to the Microsft site and downloadesdthe file but got an error message that it can only be installed on a Win 98 machine, then it aborted.

I went to the BB site and redownloaded 4.6, reinstalled to repair, with no luck.

My supposition is that the Microsoft update somehow has had an effect on the process. Any ideas what to do?
    09-11-08 02:18 PM
    anyone?????????
    09-12-08 08:07 AM
    I found this on another forum, try it out:

The Desktop Manager is running in Windows 95 or Windows 98 compatibility mode.

Resolution

Complete the following steps:

1. On your desktop, right-click the Desktop Manager icon and click Properties.
    2. Click the Compatibility tab and clear the run this program in compatibility mode for check box.
    Click Apply and OK.
    09-12-08 08:51 AM
    IT worked!!!! I can't understand how that happened but thanks. I have spent hours removing and re-installing.

09-12-08 09:14 AM
    IT worked!!!! I can't understand how that happened but thanks. I have spent hours removing and re-installing.

No problem. Thinking on it now, it makes sense, DCOM98... the answer was in the name of the file!
    09-12-08 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD