Hello everyone. I recently upgraded to my first Blackberry. I have a 8330 Curve through Alltel.

When I went to install the software on my pc, I got an error. I tried several times but it wouldnt work. I downloaded the latest software from Blackberry via their web page..desktop manager 4.6. It doesnt seem to be working correctly, can someone tell me what version you are using with your 8330 curves? What version should I be using?

Also, I am beyond eager to update my phone book. I have a comma seperated file from my previous phone... Is there any quick ways to import that?

Also what programs do you use to sync your contacts or phone book.

Thank you in advance.

EB
    Last edited by eberle33; 09-30-08 at 09:26 PM.
    09-30-08 09:24 PM
    Would be helpful if you could tell us the error you get when trying to install.
    09-30-08 09:29 PM
    I couldnt install the disc at all. So I downloaded the latest desktop manager.

A friend of mine who was trying to show me how it worked suggested I ask what version of the software people were using. He thought the software was not working correctly. I dont have a specific error. He said it didnt seem to be responding correctly. So here I am.

What about those contacts/address book?
    09-30-08 10:03 PM
    Contacts can be done through Desktop Manager. There really isn't any useful information about the problem to go on. The only thing I understand right now is that you cannot install it. Well what does that mean? What happens when you try to install it? You should get the latest version from blackberry.com.
    Last edited by sunkast; 09-30-08 at 10:15 PM.
    09-30-08 10:13 PM
    You might try downloading again. I also ran into problems this weekend when I was installing. Re-downloaded and all has been well with the world since. I think maybe the dl was corrupt or something.
    10-01-08 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD