Hi,

I have a 8310 and recently installed the BB Desktop Manager v4.7 as I wanted to update the device software. My device software was originally v4.2. something, and after having some issues updating (507 error), I managed to get the device software updated to v4.5.0.55 (as stated by the "about" section under the options menu on my 8310).

Whenever I load up the Desktop Manager (with my phone connected obviously), I automatically see a box titled "application updates available", at the top of the list is BlackBerry 4.5.0 System Software, followed by 4.5.0 Core Applications. There are also a load of other things on the list.

Can some one tell me why its showing the "system software" update? Surely I already have the latest version (4.5.0.55??), or is this something different? I would rather not have to update the device software again.

Can some one shed some light for me?

Thanks
    02-05-09 03:17 PM
    Fisrt off DM 4.7 is for the storm, still has bugs with the curve, I recommend getting 4.6.

4.7 gets the newest update for tour phone off line, so that is why that keeps coming up, and if you still have the OS on your pc it will keep prompting you as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 03:31 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I have uninstalled the OS from my PC and am now downloading 4.6 of the desktop software.

Thanks again.
    02-05-09 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD