Hi everyone. I might be getting a replacement phone (Curve) and was wondering when I backed up my phone with desktop manager will all the third party apps, pics, videos etc also be restored to the new phone or no? Im not sure if desktop manger saves all that as well. I'd hate to re download everything.
    03-04-09 06:15 AM
    Desktop Manager will backup yout data, but not your thrid party apps.

This thread details how to back up your 3rd party apps as well.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

The alternative if you will still have both devices at the same time would be to do the device switch wizard.
    03-04-09 06:21 AM
    I dont know why people say 3rd party apps dont get backed up. When I switched my phone, there was nothing different or extra I needed to do.

As far as pics & video, they're store on the memory card.
    03-04-09 07:49 AM
    They do get backed up. I do the 3rd party backup first anyway just in case I get bricked during the update process. Also, some people wipe the device before doing and update. If you don't do a 3rd party backup there will be nothing to backup and then later restore after the wipe.
    03-04-09 07:51 AM
    I dont know why people say 3rd party apps dont get backed up. When I switched my phone, there was nothing different or extra I needed to do.

As far as pics & video, they're store on the memory card.
    I hear this frequently also, it backs up just fine...
    03-04-09 07:55 AM
    When I switched devices yesterday due to a warranty replacement, I also upgraded the OS on the refurb, and then did a restore from a complete backup I had done earlier in the day, and it did NOT restore all my 3rd party apps. I had backed those up earlier as well just in case, and restored the rest of them separately.
    03-04-09 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD