Does anyone know how to delete unwanted icons from the blackberry curve 8330, there are a lot i don't use and want to clear them off my phone, any help will be appreciated, thanks.......
    03-18-09 06:02 PM
    This thread has a lot of the info you want:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/que...-icons-185690/
    03-18-09 06:04 PM
    Options
    Advanced Options
    Applications
    Highlight App
    Menu
    Delete

Reset Phone.

Some icons are pushed to the phone from the carrier via service books and cannot be deleted. Just hide those.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 06:05 PM
    Icons? Like which ones? Facebook, Yahoo!, Nav ... stuff like that. Those are probably Service Book controlled and sent by your carrier.

If they are service books sent by your carrier, they will just reappear the next time the Service Books are pushed to your phone. Your best bet is to hide them.

Otherwise, you have to delete the applications associated with the icon in order to delete them.
    03-18-09 06:06 PM
    If it's an App, you could probably delete it via Options > Advanced Options > Applications then Menu Key > Delete. I'm new to Blackberry so I decided to just highlight the icon > Menu Key > Hide in case I needed it later.

Not sure if that's the right way, but it worked for me.
    03-18-09 06:07 PM
    I'd have to agree with jdr5523 & hide the icons you don't use, that's what I've done with my 8310. I only show 25 incons on my main screen, everything else I've hid incase I would need them at a later date, make the screen A LOT less cluttered & you always know they're there when/if you need them.
    03-18-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD