For some reason I have a MySpace icon (which is currently hidden), but no MySpace app in my applications list! So I can't uninstall the program because AFAIK, it isn't installed in the first place. Is there a way to check this for sure and then delete the icon?

Also, I just uninstalled Pocket Express, yet the icon remained (so I had to hide it also). So I know for sure that *this* app is gone, but why didn't the icon get removed? Any way to delete it?
    12-15-08 10:28 PM
    You can go into your service books and delete them. But your carrier will probably just push them back to your phone I just hide mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 10:36 PM
    You can go into your service books and delete them. But your carrier will probably just push them back to your phone I just hide mine.

Is it safe to do this? I don't even know what the Service Book is. But I see these two entries:

MySpace virtual preload [Browser Config]
    Pocket Express [Browser Config]

I also see a Yahoo Messenger one, which is another icon I don't want, yet can't seem to find the program installed in the Applications.

Is it safe to just delete them from this list?
    12-15-08 10:51 PM
    Have you done a battery pull?

12-15-08 10:51 PM
    Yes, it is safe. It will not hurt your BB. Don't go in there and delete stuff that you're not sure about though. The three mentioned above are the correct ones to delete. However, like I said, this is not a permanent solution. Your carrier will probably push the icons back.

12-15-08 10:56 PM
    Have you done a battery pull?

What purpose would that serve? But anyway, it has reset since I've uninstalled the, but I haven't taken out the battery. And I refuse to resort to that every single time something isn't quite right.
    12-15-08 11:00 PM
    All that apps comes us bundled program with you device so it will be there or as cain0013 sad pushed back by your carrier. The only way is to deleted through your DM or use CrackMem. You will find the instructions and link on some of the Mods signature here..
    12-16-08 01:34 AM
    All that apps comes us bundled program with you device so it will be there or as cain0013 sad pushed back by your carrier. The only way is to deleted through your DM or use CrackMem. You will find the instructions and link on some of the Mods signature here..

You cant delete service books forever, as its been stated, crackmem and DM will not remove them, it removes that that has been installed,

I hide both of my service books (Handango and facebook) never see them

As long as you dont install them, hide them.
    You wont know they are there (till you change to a new theme - then hide again)
    12-16-08 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD