I have about 18 ringtones on my curve, and have attempted to delete about four of them. Once I delete, they will not play, but remain on the list. Any ideas?
    08-03-08 08:39 PM
    Are you referring to the pre-loaded ringtones? If so, you cannot delete them. If not, try pulling your battery for 30 seconds and replace it.
    08-03-08 08:43 PM
    No these are ringtones I've added. Will removing the battery delete everything (contacts, ringtones I want to keep)?
    08-03-08 08:44 PM
    No these are ringtones I've added. Will removing the battery delete everything (contacts, ringtones I want to keep)?
    No, pulling the battery is a hard reset. It will not delete anything. It will however, get your device running like it should. Try it and post back.
    08-03-08 08:45 PM
    nope - pulling the battery is a 'soft reset' as opposed to a 'hard reset' that would wipe the device...
    08-03-08 08:45 PM
    this may sound like a stupid question, but should I turn it off before I take the battery out or leave it on?
    08-03-08 08:48 PM
    No, think of it as a way to restart your blackberry like you would restart your computer. Take the battery out while your BB is still on
    08-03-08 08:49 PM
    nope - pulling the battery is a 'soft reset' as opposed to a 'hard reset' that would wipe the device...
    Ok, maybe you need to brush up on your Blackberry knowledge. Because a hard-reset is a battery pull. Be careful with the mis-information

How do I reset my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ
    08-03-08 08:57 PM
    Thanks! The soft reset worked. Although I found another way to do it without removing the battery Alt+Shift+Delete (I think you have to use the right shift button)
    08-03-08 08:58 PM
    Thanks! The soft reset worked. Although I found another way to do it without removing the battery Alt+Shift+Delete (I think you have to use the right shift button)
    No problem. But as you see a hard reset is a battery pull. It does NOT wipe the device. The other poster was mistaken. I'm gald this is resolved.
    08-03-08 09:02 PM
    A hard reset is a battery pull. A wipe... Is a wipe. :-) good job clearing that up guys! Next thing u know we'll have a hundred threads titled 'hard reset deleted EVERYTHING!' Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 09:16 PM
    Ok, maybe you need to brush up on your Blackberry knowledge. Because a hard-reset is a battery pull. Be careful with the mis-information

How do I reset my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ
    Thank you for clearing that up... I was gonna jump all over that one, but it seems like you tackled it
    08-03-08 09:20 PM
    yea i came from win mobile - the other way around with regards to resets....

Resetting your device (Soft, System/Warm, Hard, In-Cradle, Power Down, Battery Disconnect, Zero Out)
    08-03-08 09:21 PM
    A hard reset is a battery pull. A wipe... Is a wipe. :-) good job clearing that up guys! Next thing u know we'll have a hundred threads titled 'hard reset deleted EVERYTHING!' Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I understand why he said that. He is/was a win-mobile guy. On treos, etc, it's the other way around. He just got confused, thats all.

**For the record** A hard resset is a battery pull.
    08-03-08 09:22 PM
    On every mobile device I have ever had other that my BlackBerry, a hard-reset put the device back to factory setting (ROM). I think it's a bad term to use for a battery pull, which is really a harsh reset.
    08-03-08 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD