How can I delete preloaded media like ringtones and themes?
    I never use any of the preloaded ringtones and the BB Dimension themes quite frankly are disgusting and useless lol so can anyone help me get them off the phone?
    02-11-09 01:34 AM
    You should not remove any themes that came on your BB. You need them if you ever plan on installing any custom themes down the road. Your BB uses the preloaded themes as a template for other themes. I learned this the hard way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 01:40 AM
    You should not remove any themes that came on your BB. You need them if you ever plan on installing any custom themes down the road. Your BB uses the preloaded themes as a template for other themes. I learned this the hard way.

Oh for real? Damn that sucks.

Okay what about the vendor theme? The blue ugly T-Mobile one?
    02-11-09 01:43 AM
    To delete the vendor themes, preloaded media and a lot of other
    junk, use the CrackMem program in my signature.
    02-11-09 01:45 AM
    yes crackmem
    it keeps the zen theme (need for the other themes to work i think) but gets rid of the rest
    02-11-09 01:47 AM
    I left one preloaded theme on mine (Today) and the only custom themes I could install were also the Today layout. I had to reinstall them. I think that If you only use one type of theme layout then you can leave that theme and delete the rest. Look in AG's link further, he won't lead you wrong.

Last edited by Kangaruex; 02-11-09 at 01:54 AM.
    02-11-09 01:51 AM
    I left one preloaded theme on mine (Today) and the only custom themes I could install were also the Today layout. I had to reinstall them. If you only use one type of theme layout then you can leave that theme and delete the rest.
    I did the same. The only 2 I kept were the Dimension Zen and the Today.
    I have one blank theme that needs that. The Icon and L themes I deleted.
    02-11-09 01:55 AM
    Yeah the only one I think I'm gonna delete is the T-Mobile one with the blue background.
    Ill keep the BB Dimension themes just in case.

02-11-09 02:32 AM
    So there's no way to delete the preloaded ringtones???
    03-13-09 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD