How do I delete the original message when replying to a text? I've searched all over and can't find anything that refers to this..

Thanks
    02-26-09 07:58 PM
    Is the original message actually showing up in the reply? I know when I reply to a message it shows a thread of the conversation but none of the previous texts are included in my response. Is that what you're meaning? Otherwise I suppose you could just open/highlight the original message and choose to delete it (menu > delete)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 08:05 PM
    No, when I receive a text and start to reply to it, the original text message is included below where I start typing. I need to know where to find the option to "include origingal message in reply"...but I can't find it anywhere nor is it mentioned in the manuals, etc.
    02-26-09 08:08 PM
    I have a Pearl 8130, so I don't know if this will be the same for your phone as it is for mine.

When I receive a text, and start to reply, I can click the menu button, and one of my options in the menu is "Remove History". When I select that, it takes me to the message where I can type my reply. Then the next time I start to reply to a message, the "Remove History" option is in the menu again.

Say you have a text conversation going with someone. Each time you reply, you have to go into the menu again (from within your reply), and remove the history. I haven't found any option to automatically remove the history in every reply that you send.

I hope this helps.
    02-26-09 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD