I am a newby to Blackberry (less than 48 hours old). I synched my 8310 Curve to Microsoft Outlook and after all went well I got a message from my 8310 that it was low on memory. I have over 8100 past, present and future calendar entries and this apparently has weighed things down. I have less than 10 Megs of memory left. I deleted the extra languages.
    My question: Is there any way to delete calendar entries over 60 days old from my 8310 and NOT have them deleted from my desktop Outlook the next time I synch?
    How do I delete the old entries and how do I keep Outlook intact?
    All help would be appreciated.
    07-13-08 10:14 PM
    calendar > menu > options > general options

set your "keep past appointments" to the lowest setting possible and save. reboot the device by pulling the battery while the device is running, wait 30 seconds, then pop the battery back in.

this *should* delete your past entries older than the specified number of days.

if not, you'll have to manually delete them.

to prevent outlook from restoring them on the next sync, your best bet is to create a new calendar in outlook just for syncing to your berry with it set to remove past due appointments or you can export future appointments into google calendar, download google sync, and let google calendar take over from there.

i surrendered to using google calendar just because it's easier and more convenient... i hate "docking" my phone to my computer and avoid doing it whenever possible. google sync automagically syncs my calendars in all 3 locations.
    07-13-08 10:25 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    Happy Crackberring!
    =8')

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 10:30 PM
    Welcome to crackberry!!!
    07-13-08 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD