Hi all. Hoping someone can help. When I synch my 8330 Curve using Blackberry Desktop Manager with Outlook, Blackberry has been deleting most all past entries in my Outlook calendar. It seems to be on a 60 day cycle. I've lost everything from Jan. 1 of this year (and before) up till June. I've stopped synching until i can find a fix! HELP...!!!
    08-09-09 10:20 AM
    Ensure you have Keep Appointments set to "Forever" in the Calendar options, and that you have Outlook set to retain them forever as well.
    08-09-09 11:04 AM
    Thanks for responding so quick. I changed the setting to "Forever" in my BB. I tried another synch and it's still trying to delete my Outlook calendar items. Do you know where to change the setting to "Forever" in Outlook as you suggested?
    08-09-09 12:03 PM
    In Calendar, look in File / Folder / Properties for "Calendar" / Autoarchive. See what your settings are. Mine are set to archive and clean out items older than 12 months. Please let me know your settings.
    08-09-09 12:55 PM
    Mine is set to 6 months.
    08-09-09 01:14 PM
    Six months doesn't match the period you are seeing. There is a long-standing unsolved problem with Outlook and synching to BlackBerry devices. Some people report that their older appointments get deleted regardless of BlackBerry and Outlook settings. All my appointments other than annual events like birthdays get deleted when they are older than 13 months. When I saw the archive setting while answering your question, I thought perhaps I'd stumbled onto the answer to the broader question. I have changed mine to "do not archive" and will watch to see if it makes a difference. That may or may not help you.
    08-09-09 01:25 PM
    So if I understand you, you're suggesting I try the "do not archive" and see if it works. If not, perhaps I am out of luck and BB will continue to delete my Outlook entries. True?
    08-09-09 01:32 PM
    That's my suggestion. I'm going to try it as well. I've had this problem for years and have accepted it as normal. I don't know how I had overlooked the archive setting if it has always been there. I suspect I tried it already and it didn't help, but I don't remember so I'm trying it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 01:56 PM
    Is it only deleting the calendar items from your Blackberry or from both your Blacberry and your Outlook?
    08-09-09 03:58 PM
    To jkinsey435: It is deleting appointments (accept for annual events like birthdays and reoccurring appointments) from both my BB and Outlook.

To Jeff H: I give you a lot of credit for accepting your calendar being deleted as normal!!! This is my first BB so I'm surprised. To me this is a big deal...having my past appointments deleted. Yikes!
    08-09-09 05:19 PM
    What you are describing is exactly what I've come to accept. It's been this way for as long as I've had a BlackBerry, going back to Outlook 2002. And it's not just me, there are quite a few who have the problem. I was keeping up with them for a while. And there's a least one guy with thousands of appointments going back years.
    08-09-09 09:53 PM
    Well...I made progress today...in accepting that my appointments will continue to be deleted that is. I guess it is what it is. Though it does take some of the fun out of my relationship with my BB. My unconditional love is being tested! Thanks for all your help, Jeff.
    08-10-09 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD