I had a Blackberry Curve, and when I would delete an email I would get the selection: delete "on mailbox & handheld", "on handheld" or "cancel." When I clicked "on mailbox & handheld" it would delete like it's supposed to... from my home computer and also on my handheld.

I switched Blackberry's and my newer Curve will not delete from mailbox & handheld when I click on that button. I have tried and tried to figure out what's been changed from my previous phone to this one, but can't figure it out. I can't get it to delete from my mailbox & handheld. It deletes from the handheld, but then I have to go home and delete it again on my computer.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can't find anything in any options settings, etc. Thanks!
    03-11-10 11:58 AM
    Just a thought...

Have you gone into your Messages -->Options -->Email Reconciliation and making sure the setting for "Delete On" is set to "Prompt"?
    03-11-10 12:19 PM
    Hi, Yes, that's set to Prompt. I'm baffled. : )
    03-11-10 12:25 PM
    I had a Blackberry Curve, and when I would delete an email I would get the selection: delete "on mailbox & handheld", "on handheld" or "cancel." When I clicked "on mailbox & handheld" it would delete like it's supposed to... from my home computer and also on my handheld.

I switched Blackberry's and my newer Curve will not delete from mailbox & handheld when I click on that button. I have tried and tried to figure out what's been changed from my previous phone to this one, but can't figure it out. I can't get it to delete from my mailbox & handheld. It deletes from the handheld, but then I have to go home and delete it again on my computer.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can't find anything in any options settings, etc. Thanks!

Email Rec > Delete On: Prompt (if you want to choose for each message separately) > Wireless Reconcile: On > On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins

These are the setting I use for this and I have to say depending on which mailbox the mail has come from it works or doesn't. The AOL mail never gets deleted from my AOL mailbox just moves to Old Mail until I go delete and them. Then I have multiple mailbox from various hosts where do delete and some don't....I had given up on trying to figure it all out...all my settings are the same.
    03-11-10 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD