My trackball fell out of my 8310. ATT sent me a new phone and I have to return the old one. How do I delete everything before sending it back? There's nothing sensitive on it but I do have some personal stuff -- racey messages from my girlfriend, diary like memo-pad entries, etc. It will take forever to go through and delete them one by one. Is there a quick way to delete everything except the operating system from the curve?

Thanks!
    01-21-08 07:08 AM
    Options -- Security Options -- General Settings -- (press BB key) Wipe Handheld...
    01-21-08 07:38 AM
    Options -- Security Options -- General Settings -- (press BB key) Wipe Handheld...
    Thanks for replying but I don't have the option to "Wipe Handheld" in Options/Security Options/General Settings...
    01-21-08 07:46 AM
    You have when you press key with Blackberry logo...
    01-21-08 07:56 AM
    You have when you press key with Blackberry logo...
    Dude, I don't know what you mean by the blackberry key or when to press it. I really don't believe I have that option. Would appreciate any clarification you can provide... I've gotta send this sucker back tomorrow.

Thanks!
    01-29-08 01:04 PM
    First off, you don't have to worry about deleting it if you are sending it to AT&T. They are required by law to wipe your phone before they even do anything with it. They dont have to turn it on to wipe it, just run it by a crazy machine that I once saw.

Second, If you still are interested in doing a manual delete, there is a Sticky Thread on the top of this forum with instructions http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/how...y-device-4585/

If you dont feel like looking, they are right here again.

Go to Options

Then scroll down to Security.

Then General Settings.

Then hit the Blackberry Key (Located one Left of the Trackball)

Scroll down to Wipe Handheld.
    Last edited by nextgates; 01-29-08 at 01:16 PM.
    01-29-08 01:14 PM
    Got it, dude ... thanks! I guess I thought the trackball was the blackberry key... And thanks to the other guy who responded too ... sorry for being such a bonehead.
    01-29-08 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD