I plugged my 8310 (4.5) up to DM this morning to do a backup and it said there was an update available. I let it do it's thing and now I have more file free memory, which is great but all the themes I had deleted previously are back. When I go to the registry where I originally removed them, they are not there, so WTF? Phantom themes? Everything else is the same as before...
    04-20-09 10:27 AM
    Did you delete them off the DM too and not just your BB?
    04-20-09 10:28 AM
    I plugged my 8310 (4.5) up to DM this morning to do a backup and it said there was an update available. I let it do it's thing and now I have more file free memory, which is great but all the themes I had deleted previously are back. When I go to the registry where I originally removed them, they are not there, so WTF? Phantom themes? Everything else is the same as before...
    Did the update upgrade your OS? Also are these themes vendor specific.. if so download the latest OS for your phone.. use crackmem to remove carrier specific themes.. that should take care of it...
    04-20-09 10:30 AM
    When I originally deleted the themes, I followed the steps in the Lecture 101 series to increase the file free memory and it worked like a charm. It did not update my OS. I'm really not sure what it updated because the only thing that's different is that those themes are back.
    04-20-09 10:45 AM
    Anyone?? I cannot find these themes in the registry to delete them. I don't know how they just showed up again.
    04-22-09 10:27 AM
    The dimension themes? native themes that came with the phone? You didnt update the OS? are you sure? if in the past you have removed things, when you plug into DM, and it says updates are available, (like me I took off VAD and the carrier theme) so its assumes I want those on, if I click yes, it puts them on.. I click no unless I want to upgrade.
    04-22-09 10:31 AM
    Not sure what you mean by registry. Do they show up in Options > Advanced Options > Applications? Also, what themes did you previously delete?
    04-22-09 10:32 AM
    The dimension themes? native themes that came with the phone? You didnt update the OS? are you sure? if in the past you have removed things, when you plug into DM, and it says updates are available, (like me I took off VAD and the carrier theme) so its assumes I want those on, if I click yes, it puts them on.. I click no unless I want to upgrade.
    I suspect that's what happened too.
    04-22-09 10:32 AM
    If they are the dimension ones, I would recommend taking them off, but, the choice is yours.

C drive, program files, common files, research in motion, shared, loader files, click on the OS there, java, then scroll till you find net_rim_theme_bbdimension_zen or whatever 320x240etc and delete.. open DM connect to berry, app loader, next.. finish, will tell you its removing the COD.
    04-22-09 10:35 AM
    Actually, I must confess, the only dimension one I have removed is the L theme, hate them, never used nor will do.. doesnt effect my bottom dock themes which i only use. I wouldnt touch any others though - zen, icon, today...
    04-22-09 10:38 AM
    If they are the dimension ones, I would recommend taking them off, but, the choice is yours.

C drive, program files, common files, research in motion, shared, loader files, click on the OS there, java, then scroll till you find net_rim_theme_bbdimension_zen or whatever 320x240etc and delete.. open DM connect to berry, app loader, next.. finish, will tell you its removing the COD.
    Yeah, that's how I removed them the first time. And they are still not in the Java file but they are on my BB and now I am very confused....
    04-22-09 11:59 AM
    I wonder if the update was done over the internet. That would explain the themes being added, without them being in the Java folder.
    04-22-09 12:03 PM
    I did it!! I got rid of them. Someone in another forum suggested crackmem. I downloaded it and it worked. Thank goodness...that was driving me NUTS..
    04-22-09 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD