My T-Mobile Curve has randomly been deleting my old text messages and call log. This happened ever since I was inebriated last week, but I doubt I messed with my phone's settings... Does anyone know different settings that would cause this to happen?

I've already gone to "Messages->Options->General Options->Keep Messages forever"

This is really annoying me as anything someone texts me with information, I have to write down immediately instead of going back to the text inbox.
    09-26-08 08:18 PM
    Im gonna go out on a limb here and say your memory is depleting.. whats the free file avail you have now?

If its below 12,xxx,xxx then thats probably the cause.
    09-26-08 08:22 PM
    There a million threads about this subject. Really should try and search a bit.

With that in mind, click on the memory opt link my signature Welcome to CB
    09-26-08 08:23 PM
    This means that your phone is running low on memory, it will delete old text and call log.. What's yor free space

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 08:24 PM
    I have installed a 3 gig memory card into the phone, so it shouldn't be a memory issue... Plus it isn't prompting me to delete messages because of low storage space.

Anyone know of settings issues that it may be?
    09-26-08 08:37 PM
    SD card in this case has nothing to do with your issue. It can if you do not store music, pictures, vidoes, and ringtones to it. This does not increase the base device memory needed to run the phone. This is not a settings issue.

PLease post your File free numbers so we can further help you.
    09-26-08 08:41 PM
    I didnt think it does prompt for deletion when the memory is low, I was under the impression it just does it's thing.
    09-26-08 08:44 PM
    No matter how big your memory card, if your file free memory is low enough, your calls and messages will get deleted. Go to Options>Status>File Free. If its less than 12,000,000 stuff will get deleted.

To help you out, search BlackBerry Tips, How To and FAQ, look for the forum on how to free up memory. This will help you put extremely

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 08:44 PM
    I didnt think it does prompt for deletion when the memory is low, I was under the impression it just does it's thing.
    You are correct meant to state that in my last post. There is no warning, it just does it. It might give a warning if it had the memory to so
    09-26-08 08:46 PM
    Ahhhhh I thought so ty
    09-26-08 08:48 PM
    Ok I used the Mem Opt program and have 14,432,234 bytes free now. I'm not sure what it was before, but I should be fine now?

Thanks to everyone.
    09-26-08 09:12 PM
    Much better. Now the name of the game is to keep there
    09-26-08 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD