Well I did a stupid thing. I deleted BB messenger b/c I didn't think I'd use it. But it's free to use right if you have BB unlimited plan?? So how do I get it back?

TIA
    04-24-08 02:15 PM
    If you have a data plan , its free to use yes..
    Install the latest device software onto your system "you may already have it installed", attach your BB to your computer via USB, and run Desktop Manager.
    You can add it back with the application loader "add remove device applications"...
    Last edited by Timewalk; 04-24-08 at 02:23 PM.
    04-24-08 02:20 PM
    If you have a data plan , its free to use yes..
    Install the latest device software onto your system "you may already have it installed", attach your BB to your computer via USB, and run Desktop Manager.
    You can add it back with the application loader "add remove device applications"...
    OK so where do I get the device software from? Then once I DL that to PC I can just pick BB messenger to install. I have Desktop manager hooked up now. Just need to find where I DL device software
    Thanks
    04-24-08 02:38 PM
    04-24-08 02:41 PM
    Thanks a bunch!
    04-24-08 02:44 PM
    once it's done DL will I be able to just pick to DL BB messenger or will I have to start all over by DL the entire thing?
    04-24-08 02:46 PM
    Download, and install the OS. Open Desktop Manager, connect the Blackberry. And, it should see a new OS, and give you an upgrade now window...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-08 03:08 PM
    Will I lose all my info currently on my BB? I was hoping just to find the BB messenger application some where and DL that, not have to re-install the OS. If that's case I will do w/o BB messenger!
    04-24-08 03:11 PM
    Will I lose all my info currently on my BB? I was hoping just to find the BB messenger application some where and DL that, not have to re-install the OS. If that's case I will do w/o BB messenger!
    You don't need to reinstall the entire OS. When you run app loader a window will open up showing what you have installed on your bb and what you can install on your BB. All you would have to do is checkmark BB messenger and do not uncheck anything else. Run app loader and it will load bb messenger.
    04-24-08 03:15 PM
    No, it will start the process with a back up and finish with a restore.

However, if you have H@H service, there is a special caution you need to observe.

Device switch without losing H@H capability - BlackBerryFAQ
    04-24-08 03:15 PM
    Well seek and you find. Here is the link in case anyone else deleted their BB messenger w/o having to DL the OS.
    http://www.blackberry.com/messenger
    04-24-08 05:06 PM
    I bet you have an issue installing it that way!
    04-24-08 05:11 PM
    I bet you have an issue installing it that way!
    Yeah since that's for older OS. So I'm currently installing the OS to my desktop and waiting.......waiting............. Nice took over an hour to DL it now installing it and more waiting... Got to love living in BFE!
    04-24-08 05:33 PM
    Wow, that was really scary! My BB screen was blank a good 5 mins after I uploaded the BB messenger! Now I have to do it again to hubbies.
    04-24-08 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD