Hi,

I just acquired a Blackberry Bold 9700 and I've received a new simcard with it.

My problem is that my current Blackberry (8310) has newer phone numbers in it's phone memory than on the simcard.

Now I want to know two things:

1. how to delete all the phone numbers on the simcard
    2. and then copy all numbers from the phone memory to the simcard

(So that I can have my up to date numbers on the new phone)

Thanks in advance,

Taco
    08-04-10 06:58 PM
    1. You have to do them one at a time.
    Contacts > Menu button > SIM Card Phone Book > Highlight phone number > Menu button > Delete. Then repeat for each phone number.

2. You have to do them one at a time.
    Contacts > Open Contact > Highlight Phone Number > Copy to SIM Phone Book. Then repeat for each phone number.
    Note that you will only get the phone number and the name.

But it would be better/easier to just use the Device Switch Wizard in BlackBerry Desktop Manager, in my opinion.
    08-04-10 07:14 PM
    1. You have to do them one at a time.
    Contacts > Menu button > SIM Card Phone Book > Highlight phone number > Menu button > Delete. Then repeat for each phone number.

2. You have to do them one at a time.
    Contacts > Open Contact > Highlight Phone Number > Copy to SIM Phone Book. Then repeat for each phone number.
    Note that you will only get the phone number and the name.

But it would be better/easier to just use the Device Switch Wizard in BlackBerry Desktop Manager, in my opinion.
    One at a time is a lot of work... I'm going to try the Device Switch Wizard, but I wonder if it just copies the phone memory or the sim-memory. (I guess the phone)

But I have to erase the sim memory by hand then...
    08-04-10 07:32 PM
    Yep to your "guess" about the phone memory.

And yep to having to erase the SIM Phone Book manually.

But you will have saved more than half of the work.
    08-04-10 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD