Hey fellow Crackleberries...

I have a question, today I was able to set up my BES email from work. When it was done activating, my "Enter New Password" screen popped up.

Naturally thinking that it was asking for my email password. So I typed it in and verified it.

Turns out it was for my keypad/unlock feature of my phone.

I've tried to reset this, but almost 'wipe handset' the phone. Is there any way to default the password to (* + Send)? I really like the easy way instead of my current password.

Any help is appreciated.
    05-21-08 06:55 PM
    Hey fellow Crackleberries...

I have a question, today I was able to set up my BES email from work. When it was done activating, my "Enter New Password" screen popped up.

Naturally thinking that it was asking for my email password. So I typed it in and verified it.

Turns out it was for my keypad/unlock feature of my phone.

I've tried to reset this, but almost 'wipe handset' the phone. Is there any way to default the password to (* + Send)? I really like the easy way instead of my current password.

Any help is appreciated.
    well in all my playing around with my curve, i havnt found a way to make it do this...what you can id if just make the left or right side button do a keypad lock!

hope this is what you were asking...
    05-21-08 07:25 PM
    I think what may have happened is that your IT dept included an IT policy with your BES activation. What often happens is they will put an IT policy on the device forcing you to have a password if ther is proprietary information that could be on your berry
    05-21-08 07:29 PM
    My problem now is when I "lock" my phone, i use it to "keylock" the pad so I can carry it in my holster or pocket.

When I want to make a call or check emails, I now have to "unlock" the phone with a password as oppose to default of (*+ Send) buttons.

Any way to default my phone unlock password?

Thanks...
    05-22-08 06:56 PM
    Any help? I'm getting thumbinitis. Please help...
    05-24-08 12:04 PM
    My problem now is when I "lock" my phone, i use it to "keylock" the pad so I can carry it in my holster or pocket.

When I want to make a call or check emails, I now have to "unlock" the phone with a password as oppose to default of (*+ Send) buttons.

Any way to default my phone unlock password?

Thanks...
    The 'forcing you to enter the password' comes from an IT Policy that's pushed to your BB by the BES-server of your employer.
    To change this you'll have to contact your BES-administrator/IT helpdesk
    Hope this helps
    J
    05-24-08 12:12 PM
    The 'forcing you to enter the password' comes from an IT Policy that's pushed to your BB by the BES-server of your employer.
    To change this you'll have to contact your BES-administrator/IT helpdesk
    Hope this helps
    J

Okay, I figured out something yesterday. I thought when I lock the phone, using the "lock" icon, I was locking the keypad too. But that's not the case. I found out what I was really looking for...Keypad lock. Pressing the Mute key to lock and unlock the Keypad.

I still need to enter a password to UNLOCK the phone...this is the password I need to default back to * + Send. Don't think it's a BES-server password as it's different than the password I use to log-in to my corporate email when using my laptop.
    05-25-08 11:08 AM
    Options>security options>general settings. Make sure password is disabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-08 12:26 PM
    Options>security options>general settings. Make sure password is disabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Dave, went to the settings and I could not change it to disabled. There is a red lock icon next to it.
    05-26-08 05:52 PM
    Dave, went to the settings and I could not change it to disabled. There is a red lock icon next to it.
    That means that you company IT policy requires the security of locking your phone. You're S O L unless you can get one of the IT guys to disable the feature for you.
    05-26-08 06:19 PM
    That red lock you are seeing may be because of the IT policy put in place. I read something like that here in a different thread.
    05-26-08 06:22 PM
    That means that you company IT policy requires the security of locking your phone. You're S O L unless you can get one of the IT guys to disable the feature for you.
    I have this same problem, I "enabled" the security setting being bored one day and I can't "disable" it. This is my BB for my personal use and now I'm f*&*^%%..

help!
    05-27-08 11:34 PM
    I have this same problem, I "enabled" the security setting being bored one day and I can't "disable" it. This is my BB for my personal use and now I'm f*&*^%%..

help!
    If you enabled it, you can disable it the same exact way. The only difference is that it will ask you for your password to confirm it.
    05-27-08 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD