Until today, my default "from" address has been my comcast.net account. I sent DH a message earlier today, and he didn't recognize the email address, which was aol.com. The only thing I use AOL for is IM'ing. I don't want AOL email coming to my berry because I don't use it.

My question is how do I make sure my default "from" address on my BB is the comcast.net address?

TIA
    08-22-09 05:05 PM
    go to options>advanced options>default services and change messaging to the account you want.
    08-22-09 05:12 PM
    +1 Lastraid.

You can also use the email setup application to erase your aol account from your BB if you wanted to since you don't use it.

I've found that my BB will usually recognize which email address to send from based on what address I put in the "To" field. There are certain contacts that I only email from my business account, and certain contacts that I only email from my personal account. After a few times the BB automatically selects the right email address. Its amazing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 06:11 PM
    If you don't want to manually set it in the advanced option menu, you don't have to, although that's a surfire way to make certain. All you have to do is when you pull up your compose screen to create a email, scroll up to the very top, it says send using. You can pick which email to send from.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 08:28 PM
    In addition to the above points, the BlackBerry will remember the last email service you used to send to a contact, and will use that service again, regardless of your default email service setting.
    08-22-09 09:50 PM
    JeffH you are absolutely correct. Also it will remember the last e-mail address you received from that user.
    08-22-09 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD