Hi, everyone,
    I have the Curve on AT&T. I have several e-mail accounts linked to it, but I only ever want to send e-mails from one of them. Sometimes, though, I forget to look at the header in the compose e-mail screen, and I send messages from the wrong address. Is there some way to make sure that the Blackberry defaults to sending from a certain address whenever I compose a new message? I looked around on both the BB and the forums and couldn't find a definitive answer, so I'd really appreciate your input.

Thanks!
    10-02-08 08:02 PM
    options--->advanced options---->default services
    change messaging to the one you want
    10-02-08 08:11 PM
    Thanks... but that didn't seem to do it. It seems to sometimes still use the wrong e-mail address, at least for a few contacts. Any idea why?
    10-02-08 08:27 PM
    after that try a battery pull
    also change the calendar option to the one you use mainly
    10-02-08 08:29 PM
    Did you try a battery pull
    10-02-08 08:40 PM
    I have noticed that even tho I have one email address set as my default that if I have mistakenly sent from another email address - maybe due to a reply when someone sent mail to one of the other addresses - that the BB will default to the last email used with that particular contact from that point forward - so it seems that it will always default back to last email sent from address even with a different address set as the "default" set in options. I don't know of a solution other than to be sure you are sending from your default address before you acctually send the email - from then on any sends to that particular address will be the default. Will be interested to see if anyone has an answer to your problem - - I just have noticed the same issue that you have and realized the BlackBerry was just reverting to the last "send" address that I had used with certain contacts.
    10-02-08 09:36 PM
    It sends from the last e-mail that you used to send that contact an e-mail...sucks, I know!
    10-03-08 10:47 AM
    after that try a battery pull
    also change the calendar option to the one you use mainly
    Let me ask you a question. I too have multiple email accounts and every time you add an account BB adds CAL file to the options. Even though I had my calendar set to keep events forever I would lose everything over 30 days when I would sync with my Outlook. I called T-Mobile and they couldn't help me so they hooked me up with BB and I was told to delete all of the CAL files in the options. They said I didn't need them. If I were to change the email accounts and forget to delete these files would I be OK if I set the default to the one I use in Outlook?
    10-03-08 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD