Is that a typo?
    No. The cost of the mogul + tax was $630.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 11:55 AM
    I can comment on both of these phones. They may have different names due to the carrier they're on, but they're all branded (HTC) the same.

I got the HTC Mogul (PPC-6800/Sprint) last July. Out the box, the phone was a disaster. Since I was out of town and away from my PC, I couldnt blame 3rd party apps for the problem I was having. That phone suffers from a serious issue in which in will not wake from sleep mode. Once that problem starts occurring, it doesnt get better- just proceeds to get worse until you find yourself constantly explaining to people that the d@mn thing didnt ring. But on the contrary- it did ring (silently) and I'm not talking about the ringer being off!!

The Mogul is slower than a snail. I am accustomed to phones with a quick response time. I became so disenchanted with the whole Mogul experience that I (and about 100+ people) contacted Sprints eCare department and several emails later, many of us were able to exchange our 6 month old Moguls for the next raggedy phone- HTC Touch. I was a PPCGeeks fanatic, and the threads regarding both of these phones on that site are endless.

The Touch is cute AND sluggish. If you are technologically challenged, then the things (tweaks) you'd have to do to both of these phones would go way over your head.

I paid full price ($600+) for the Mogul when it was just released. The person I was vacationing with asked me if I really needed another phone. I just HAD to have it since it was the upgrade of the PPC-6700. Til this day, I need to have my a$$ kicked. I seriously should have waited and did my homework before dropping that kind of cash on a piece of junk!

Should I have returned it within the 30 days? H3ll yea.... but I didnt. I kept thinking it would get better. Then I started reading about a fix here and a fix there. The only thing both phones made me want to fix is the proper medication to deal with them.

Oh, and before I forget, the construction of the Mogul felt like a flimsy toy. The slider, from day one, always felt loose. I checked out a few more, and all of them felt the same.

As you can probably tell, I dont have anything nice to say about HTC!

Well, nice review..........I will be AFK polishing my boots to kick some Mattie @$$..............................
    07-19-08 12:01 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD